- Format: Kindle Edition
- File Size: 3847 KB
- Publisher: Pocket Books/Star Trek (24 Feb. 2014)
- Sold by: Amazon Media EU S.à r.l.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00F8L5Z4C
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Average Customer Review: 20 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #214,342 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Amazon Media EU S.à r.l.
This price was set by the publisher.
Titan: Absent Enemies (Star Trek) Kindle Edition
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
The plot follows Riker and his crewmates as they are randomly dispatched on a repair mission. There's a bit of a mystery to solve but by necessity the solution is hinted at so heavily that it's hardly a surprise when you reach the reveal. Some of the characters come across as having forgotten everything that's happened to them in recent stories, and that's a little frustrating.
Because of the action orientation of the plot, the story seemed to pass much more quickly than a character-driven tale of similar length, making it seem much shorter than other similarly-lengthed novellas, which was disappointing given the price. I'm not really an ebook person and so on the odd occasion that I'm forced into reading one so I don't feel I've missed out on something, I really want to feel it was worth it at the end - in this case I didn't.
When I purchased this and saw the reviews about this not being character based then your wrong a little. This is a good character story of Riker's first steps as an Admiral and it may focus on the action towards the end yet it still brings it home to Riker acomplishing something.
Also the author gave Tuvok a lot to do as well which scores big points with me.
An enjoyable Trek novella to kill some time.
PS for those complaining about the length of the book .... Amazon make it very clear that this is an ebook, they even put the number of pages on the product page, so people shouldnt moan and give it lower stars due to the length of the novella
The events in the book followed on directly from the 'Star Trek: The Fall' series, but aside from a few throwaway references at the start nothing was done to integrate the book into existing storylines.
The writing itself was fine (though the use of the word teleport will surely annoy trek fans), but the premise and plot were too weak to be saved
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Fiction > Film & Television Tie-In
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Adventure
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > TV, Movie, Video Game Adaptions
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Movie Tie-Ins
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Adventure
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > TV, Movie, Video Game Adaptations > Star Trek