on 23 May 2013
I purchased this product because we have a narrow doorway, of 68.5 cm so thought this would be perfect, however with the wall fixing cups it measures almost 70cm which is no use. I will be returning it.
on 10 February 2009
after purchasing and returning 2 other gates from supermarkets this was the perfect solution. small enough to fit narrow doorways but easily extended. easy to fit and easy to move, requires no permanent fixtures so can be moved to different doorways in minutes.
on 4 February 2009
This gate is great, having it close behind you without thinking about it is ideal for the steps up to the attic bedroom that my son uses - steep steps and a room I don't want the baby in. It rules out the chance that he'll forget to close it (which 8 year old boys do). It's a really nice and easy gate to use and all my friends agree.
on 9 February 2015
Easy to install and handily swings shut behind you which is great when carrying things including babies! It swings open both directions which also lessens initial annoyance at the extra obstacles you suddenly have in each doorway. It's easy to adapt when you realise the true benefit of them stopping accidents, not only on stairs but the most useful is stopping inquisitive small folk getting in the kitchen where everyone knows hot pans and various chemicals reside. These feel well constructed and provide security without having to drill anything. They were delivered speedily and well packaged (not loads of excess!). We have had them installed for a few months now and are very pleased with them. Overall good value for money and great for peace of mind!
on 27 August 2009
This baby gate is a perfect fit for our childs narrow bedroom door. We can sleep easy knowing he will not fall down the stairs during the night. Easy to open with quiet, self closing.
on 21 August 2013
Very pleased with the quality of this item. Fitted my small door way perfectly. Closes automatically behind you if you forget. A smooth quiet close, not a slam. Would recommed this item.
on 6 July 2014
Initially, it's probably important to set the scene. The youngest of my three children is 18 months old and seems to have acquired an impressive primate gene of sorts, which has meant he is entirely capable of scaling stairs, chairs, tables, cots and some walls with surprising dexterity.

Needless to say we thought it futile buying any sort of gate, knowing he'd swing up, complete a front pike full twist over the top, with an effortlessly graceful landing, worthy of an Olympic gymnast, all the while grinning to himself knowing he's scared us witless.

Anyway, to stop the tutting of visiting relatives who thought our little angel only capable of not allowing butter to melt and pulling at heart strings, we bought one of these, fixed it to his bedroom doorframe, and admittedly were impressed at a decent bit of kit! Could have done without drilling holes, Handy Andy I am not, but it's sturdy, adjustable and good value for money.

It's just a shame we use it as a third line of defence after the straight jacket and cot.... Highly recommended!!
on 20 September 2013
This item does not fit openings of 68.5cms. The item itself is about that size without any of the attachments to fit it to the wall. I have called the manufacturer who were most unhelpful and told me I must be mistaken! I can now see that others have had this problem too. Don't waste your time buying this if you have a narrow door opening!
on 17 December 2013
The instructions & installation was pretty simple and yes the screws do need to be screwed inn to the 4 points, sad but hey, you can always fill the holes up & paint over them when the time comes to remove the gate!
on 19 February 2013
This is the 2nd baby gate in our house- and this seems much better quality than the others.
I was finding it hard buying a narrow one that pressure fits to the wall but this one is great.
It has auto close feature so shuts behind you so no need to remember to shut it everytime!
It has already had my son pulling at it- and it has stayed up strong!!