- Also check our best rated Biography reviews
Tiny Rowland: A Rebel Tycoon Hardcover – 24 May 1993
|New from||Used from|
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta) (May include reviews from Early Reviewer Rewards Program)
One would expect to have very little sympathy for an individual for somone whom double-dealing, corruption and character assasination were an every-day aspect of their lives. However, ultimately one is left with a degree of admiration for what the man achieved in his creation of Lonrho, a company which unlike any other UK public company, is associated so much with a single individual. This is especially poignent in the light of the way Lonrho suffered at the hands of collapsing African economies in the 80's, and also embarrasing way he was subsequently forced out of office. One is forced to quote Cecil Rhodes, another giant of Africa; "So much done, so much left undone".
Bower's biography is very well written, impartial, and thouroughly deserves to be back in print.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Accounting > International
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Biographies & Histories > Biographies & Memoirs
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Careers > Entrepreneurship
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Small Business & Entrepreneurship > Entrepreneurship
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Archaeology > Industrial Archaeology