Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.99

on 26 March 2017
I really enjoyed this novel and I think it was a great debut outing for Dawn French into the world of fiction.
The novel is written in a series of diary entries from the points of view of the various members of the Battle family, and their versions of events, and while there are some interesting storylines for me the main focus was the characters themselves. French has managed to create some really vivid characters and through the chapters their quirks and values come to life.
I'd recommend it to any teens who want to understand their parents, any parents who want to understand their teens, or anyone who wants an easy going read with some laughs but also real heart.
on 11 May 2017
Brilliant! I bought this book audio enabled and it's worth listening to in audio as the characters are brought to life, French uses her wit and intelligence to entertain as well as present us with some more serious issues to ponder. I highly recommend this book.
on 27 October 2011
I really was looking forward to reading this book as I love Dawn French but I found it to be very disappointing and tedious reading although i did read it all the way through as I never give up on a book, in parts it was ok and quite funny, think it would have been better if in fact it had been made shorter! as after a while the whole battle family got on your nerve's!
on 2 March 2017
couldn't really get into this. A bit disappointed.
on 12 July 2017
Bought as a present and recipient loves it.
on 11 March 2017
Took a bit of getting in to but when I did I couldn't put it down great twist that I didn't see coming.
on 8 June 2017
Not read it as it was bought as gift
on 17 March 2017
It was great once you got into the characters. The boy was my favourite. The twist at the end was brilliant! It got freakily like my life at times!
on 10 June 2017
Great read x
on 4 July 2017
I enjoyed the book from start to finish. It is both funny and dad in parts. I couldn't put it down.