- Up to 70% off fashion: Revamp your look with savings on selected clothes, shoes, handbags and more. Shop now.
- Save on a huge selection of men's, women's and kids' watches and accessories in our Watch Deals store.
- Explore our full range of clothing and equipment for any sport or activity in the Sports & Outdoors Store.
- Find your favourite sports, fitness and outdoor brands for less in the Sports & Outdoors Outlet.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Includes lap timer, alarm, back light and stop watch
- Shatter-resistant acrylic window lens
- Round high-performance and durable resin case with digital display
- Durable and strong resin 14mm wide strap with buckle
- Water resistant to 10 metres
Special Offers and Product Promotions
|Dial Window Material Type||Acrylic|
|Case Diameter||34 millimetres|
|Case Thickness||12 millimetres|
|Band Length||Men's Standard|
|Band Width||14 millimetres|
|Bezel Material||Stainless Steel|
|Calendar||Day - Date - Month - Year|
|Special Features||Lap Timer, Alarm, Back Light, Stop Watch, countdown, Multi Time Zone|
|Water Pressure Resistance||1 bar|
|Warranty Description||12 Months Manufacturers Warranty|
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
The Timex Ironman Traditional 30lap provides standard functions for athletes at any level. Featuring a chornograph, Timer, three Alarms, three Time Zone Settings,Occasion Mode with Indiglo night-light and 100 m water resistant.
Timex Company Background
During World War I, the US Army asked Timex to re-tool the Yankee pocket watch into a convenient new "wristwatch" for soldiers. In 1933, Timex produced the very first Mickey Mouse Clocks and watches, under an exclusive license from Walt Disney. Within just a few years, the company sold two million of these watches. In the 1950s came the introduction of the world's first inexpensive but reliable watch. Torture-test advertising campaigns promoted Timex watches with the tag-line: "It takes a licking and keeps on ticking."
Ever since watches moved from the pocket to the wrist, Timex has defined how the world tells time. For over 150 years, Timex has provided affordable technology in distinctive designs. For Timex, time began in 1854. Over the many years that followed, through wartime and peacetime, Timex watches have kept more than time, they've kept a promise of undaunted innovation.
- In 1986 Timex introduced the "Ironman Triathlon watch" that revolutionised sports timing with features and durability that were an instant hit with the dedicated athletes that inspired it. One of the most important ever introductions by Timex watches is the Indiglo backlight system. Invented by Timex in 1992, the Indiglo lamp uniformly lights the watch dial with a blue backlight, using Timex's electroluminescent technology.
Modern Day: Timex remains one of the few watchmakers in the world to manufacture all of their own movements. Timex Originals: paying homage to over 150 years of Timex heritage, the Timex Originals collection is inspired by vintage designs through-out the decades, brought up-to-date with a modern twist. Timex is proud to be the official timing sponsor of some of the greatest marathons in the world - New York, London and Berlin.
In 2011, Timex introduced the Timex Intelligence Quartz collection. Based on technology that is an open-ended platform with the flexibility to incorporate new technologies, new functions and new ideas as they become available, Intelligence Quartz is a design and technology platform targeted primarily to the male consumer seeking a sophisticated yet technology driven timepiece.
Timex is an iconic American heritage watch brand renowned for its timeless designs. Founded in 1854, Timex has established a tradition of creating high-quality, innovative watches to suit the needs of every customer. Timex watches have been a part of consumers’ lives for over 160 years and combine high-end Italian designs with cutting edge German engineering to offer customers quality products. With a large and varied line of watches, Timex has a style for everyone.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
This watch is great:
- you can turn off the beep
- you can disable functions you don't need. So if you accidentally press the "mode" button, you don't need to cycle through 14 different time zones, lap timers, etc etc just to get back to see the time and date
- the display is not overly cluttered with text saying e.g. "200M water resistant"
- its not 50mm in diameter and clunky
- the buttons are low-relief so they don't get pressed by accident
- Indiglo backlight is excellent
Only minus is the ugly "Iron Man Triathlon" logo which takes up display area and actually can cast a shadow over the bit you want to read. So only 4 stars...
The Timex Sport Ironman Midsixe Triathlon is clear and very readable while feeling compact when worn.
I enjoy the date and day display to complement the time display. This informatiopn is always helpful when completing forms or other documents.. The watch is claimed to be water proof to 100 m a level of sealing to ensure vapour perspiration and other liquids are excluded from the timepiece.
The watch is a good product. Used for splits timing in races
It's a bit smaller than I thought it would be, but it's nice and light & you don't even know you're wearing it, which I guess is half the point?
The functions are good, easy to read in low light & sunlight, and very responsive.
The recall function is especially good, recalling up to 30 lap times, good to note for discipline's & transitions.
All in all, for the price, you would be hard pushed to find a better all rounder. I would definitely recommend this watch, and the seller.
Amazon, however has replaced this watch with another one without any quibbles, we did this rather than money back as she was very happy with the original performance, but if this happens again we may change brands.
We still think that the watch is worth the money.
The watch arrived 3 days after ordering.
I have been using it now for 4 weeks. I use it only as a lap timer/counter when swimming (1 lap = 2 lengths) so this review does not cover any of the other functions available (eg. alarms).
It all works as expected.
1. On taking it out of the box I found that the small loop in which you can tuck the strap end was broken. I use a small tie-wrap to do the job, but a rubber band would probably also work.
2. The 'Start/Split' button is not sufficiently positive. It needs to be pushed carefully as it can be subject to both 'missed hits' and 'double hits'. It is worth putting it to your ear to listen for the beep when pushing the button. This is something the manufacturers could work on, but may have to be expected in a small watch such as this.
3. The digits used to display the lap counter are small (the lap time is given in larger digits). They are easy to read out of the water, but in the pool I cannot read them without removing my goggles and wiping the water off the display. This means I cannot just glance at the watch to check the number of laps. This is partly due to the fact that this is a relatively small watch (I did not want something too ostentatious) and that my eyesight is not what it was. It may be worth getting a larger version.
4. The Indiglo light is so weak that it can only be useful in near total darkness. However, I have no intention of swimming in the dark, so this is not a problem.
A serviceable watch which does what I wanted. Good for the price (£26.49).Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This was a gift for my grandson, his words err, 'it's awesome'. Enough said.Published 2 months ago by Rob
My 3rd timex watch. I wear them until they wear out :). Great alarm, timer, dual time zone, indiglo etc. Very happy.Published 19 months ago by NeilP
Only just bought it for my wife but the size, weight and fit are good. Not used all the functions yet but those used so far are easy to use and do what is required.Published 19 months ago by A Longden
Smaller face for smaller wrists. Easy to read and use. Wanted a watch with lap timer and this has a 30 lap memory. Very happy so farPublished 23 months ago by Mr. S. L. Sturrock-davies
It's lasted my spouse 16 months. Until she took it to the swimming pool and leaked in water.Published on 17 July 2014 by M
Really good watch, but as with my last one, the small circle holding the strap down broke off after 6 months. Using a rubber band until I can find a replacement...Published on 12 July 2014 by Ms C