on 3 September 2017
Received this watch today (excellent service from Amazon), but unfortunately it will be going straight back without even being taken out of it's presentation box:- the many recent reviewer's complaints about the excessively light action of the buttons are correct, they activate at the slightest touch - it's ridiculous. Given this, I,m also extremely sceptical that they'd be water-resistant (let alone to 100m as claimed), and sure enough there are many reviewers have had problems in this regard (check out the US, dot-com Amazon site).

But here's the thing - I already HAVE one of these watches, bought in late 2012, now looking a little 'care-worn' but still working perfectly (new battery last April, after over 4 years), and the buttons on it feel *much* more solid, needing what must be several ounces of pressure, i.e.you need to grip the case between thumb and forefinger to use them, which I'd would always expect unless the buttons are recessed.

VERY disappointed.

Edit >> OK, the 1-star review is a little harsh (and I've amended it to 3) as the issue with the buttons doesn't make the watch completely useless (a PIA, yes). However, if it doesn't keep out water while swimming, or sweat while running or cycling, then it simply isn't an "Ironman" (triathlon) watch and hence "not fit for purpose" (putting aside the likelihood of accidental button-presses making the use of the chrono problematic). Many people (like me) will buy them on the assumption they're at least up to general outdoor activities/sports or manual work, and I'm not optimistic about that. The plastic buttons are moulded to metal pins which pass through the case, and these have tiny circular seals on them which are pulled against the inside of the case to keep out water (hence the instructions not to operate them under water), and I just can't see how such light return-springs as on this watch is actually going to keep them watertight.
on 26 October 2013
I think this watch has been very well designed by someone who has thought about the functions and used the watch. It has so many good features. The date is customisable you can have it as mmdd or ddmm for people outside the USA - Casio you miss this so badly. If you press the light it then stays on all the time you press other buttons - such a nice touch, well done. The digits are big so I can read without my glasses - Casio take note. The alarm is loud enough to wake me up and it repeats 5 mins later. I didn't give it 5 stars because I wish it was a 10 out of 10 in design looks instead of a 9 out of 10. Having said that the design is good and not the stupid fake plastic screws and design taken from Transformers that Casio go for. Well done Timex you might have won me over from Casio.
on 30 August 2017
Really good watch for timing your runs. I only really use the chronometer (Apart from normal watch function). Very easy to use and it also allows for split times in the chronometer. Simple - press button to start press button to stop, press twice to reset, what could be simpler. There are a couple of comments about it being difficult to unhook the watch strap when removing as it has a dimple on the holding loop which fits in a hole on the actual strap.. This is to stop strap coming loose and can be resolved in 5 seconds. Spin the loop around so that the dimple is on the other side of the strap.
I havent used the other functions yet.
on 8 September 2014
Its a nice watch/ the price on Amazon was the best I could find in the uk /Amazon sent the watch very quickly / the reasons i like the watch are it appears to be well made but time will tell ? / the back light is very good with a 3 second delay giving plenty of time to see the time or adjust/ it is easy to use and adjust all the options / its a nice looking watch.
Things I don't like its a bit smaller than I thought / its more unisex than just male / slightly overpriced but still worth buying / a good buy for holidays ect.
on 17 August 2017
Having just thrown away my Fitbit with its glued on non replaceable strap and duff battery I bought this watch. On a slim wrist it fits comfortably and not needing to charge it up is very welcome. I suspect that using the buttons while swimming would be a mistake but I'm finding it useful for jogging. It will last me a few years by which time fitness devices should be much improved. I needed to download the instructions to set the correct time.
on 17 October 2017
Despite it being called an "Ironman Triathlon" watch, it says buttons should not be pressed underwater... and the buttons are easily accidentally pressed when you flex your wrist. I have other water-resistant sport watches and they don't have this design problem. My Timex was already making a weird high-pitched noise, and I recently accidentally threw it in the washing machine on no spin cold wash for 15min (with my swimming kit). Time function is still fine but the other modes didn't work after that. It hasn't even been a year :D
on 21 August 2013
I have had two Timex tri watches in the past, The last one I had for about 15 years and it was still going strong and still waterproof. However all the markings on the buttons had worn off and it was much scratched and looked very scruffy. This new watch looks really good and has a much more easily readable display. The one large button on the front for start and lap is much easier to use than the old two button system. If this one lasts as long as my last one I shall be well pleased.
on 8 April 2017
This is the third of these watches I have had! That is because they are good, not too big and last me for up to three years of daily use. In my opinion, from experience it is not worth locating and replacing the strap or battery because of the cost and when one fails the other is not far behind and for the cost, just buy a new one! This might sound wasteful but the o ring seal never seems to seat properly after the battery change.
looking forward to another 2-3 years of use before replacing!
on 13 March 2018
I bought this watch at the end of December for my partner who ran the Paris half marathon a week last Sunday. She has used it to record her times during her training (mainly in the dry) and on the day of the race. All was well until the actual day when it rained throughout the race. As previously she used the watch to record her stage as well as final times during the race. Once back at the hotel, later in the afternoon, we noticed the watch had "misted/fogged" on the inside of the screen and the digital numbers were almost invisible (the back like worked however). After leaving the watch in a warm room over night the "misting/fogging" cleared but the numbers on the watch face are still very faint. My local watch repairer has confirmed it is not the battery and the watch is showing "age" to the digital numerics. I am about to try to get a replacement for a watch that to me, is less than 3 months old, and Amazon has a 30 day return policy!
on 24 October 2017
I'm very happy with this watch. I just wanted a fairly basic watch and I didn't want to pay for a lot of functions that I wouldn't use. I was looking for a watch with a stopwatch, alarm and countdown timer...and this fits the bill, plus does more.The time numerals are large and clear, plus the backlight is a bonus. For me, it replaces a Timex watch that I've had for years. which has had constant use and has been brilliant, so this is why I went for Timex again.