on 22 November 2016
This is my second of these. The first was lost in a hedge whilst hedge cutting at work. I use mine every day outside whilst running my gardening business - it is constantly covered in mud, getting bashed, but is as rugged as anything. I like the large stop/ start button on the front for the stop watch - this makes it easy to start the stop watch when I get on site.

Another useful feature is the ability to customise the displays. It has 3 alarms, stopwatch and timer, all of which can be deselected from appearing as you scroll through the modes. This is useful if you only use it for a few of the functions. I never use the timer or the alarms, so makes it easier to switch between time and stopwatch when pressing the mode button.
on 13 April 2017
I am a little disappointed in teh size. i bought the large one but it's not as large as my GShock. I wanted this specifically for running and i'll still use it for this i just personally like a larger watch. It's about medium sized compared to my GShock.
That said, everything else is good. The materials it's made from are good quality, it's lightweight, comfortable to wear and easy to use. I'll keep the watch as I bought their largest one, and besides that personal preference of mine, it does what I bought it for.
on 17 March 2016
Great watch - looks really nice on and has the functions I need (stopwatch, interval timer, date and clear display). The indiglo is a nice feature too.

Wanted something for gym/cycling without all the bells and whistles, which also didn't look like a cheap digital watch.

This fits the bill perfectly, comfortable to wear and well made, not too bulky has a good size/clear display
on 28 February 2014
Have had an existing one of these for about 3 years, and the little strap retainer had broken.
Had trouble locating the same model and would have preferred one with white logo - this one has red.
However, although it does work, the buttons seem less positive with their action when you push them.
Probably just my particular one, and a shame, as I can't be bothered to complain.
on 5 April 2013
This is the third Timex watch of this design that I've bought so I guess I must like them! This particular model is 'over-sized' - large and chunky and it's all in black. I have the same model with a blue strap/silver bezel. The third one I have is termed 'full-size' (?) and it's smaller than the over-sized models. Both these types have the same features - two time settings (switch between Time1 and Time 2 at the touch of a button - handy when going abroad), 12hr/24hr options, chronograph/lap timer, countdown timer, alarms, occasion reminders, and the date which you can configure to DD/MM rather than MM/DD (which you can't do on Casios for some annoying reason).

Great watches but one word of warning (the reason for 4 stars and not 5) - the strap on my full size Ironman broke after 3 years of intermittent use, and it's £15 - £25 to get it fixed. Not worth it when this replacement watch cost me around £36 from Amazon.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 April 2016
This timex is one of the best lcd watches, I've ever bought, packed full of features, including the occasion mode, which I find really helpful. A very comfortable fit, nice large, clear display, one slight annoying point is that the start and split buttons are on the small side and sometimes hard to press but that's nitpicking. Great watch, Great price, very happy.
on 9 March 2017
This watch is great so easy to use the functions on it and the light is brilliant on there, it has a nice comfy strap and the watch itself isn't that big well I would say just the right size well pleased with it.
on 16 January 2017
I have owned Timex Ironman watches for running and orienteering for 20 years. this one is large size rather than the usual medium but looks good and is very robust.
on 2 March 2016
although states oversized the dials are very small,we have an oversized watch purchased in 2012 and the dials are much bigger.
on 27 March 2017
Excellent quality watch to replace my partners old one broke, simple to use and well built.