- Save on a huge selection of men's, women's and kids' watches and accessories in our Watch Deals store.
- Also check our best rated Sports Watch reviews
- Explore our full range of clothing and equipment for any sport or activity in the Sports & Outdoors Store.
- Find your favourite sports, fitness and outdoor brands for less in the Sports & Outdoors Outlet.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ £13.43 delivery
Timex Marathon GPS Watch
|Price:||£87.21 FREE delivery.|
|You Save:||£12.78 (13%)|
- GPS technology
- 30 Workout Memory
- Run mode displays Time, Distance, Speed, Pace and Calories
- 5 Daily Alarms
- Option to turn off GPS in 'Indoor Mode'
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
The Timex Marathon GPS Watch Timex Marathon GPS Watch features a fast GPS system to give you accurate information about your location. Pace, speed and distance can be calculated to provide you with current or average data. The Marathon GPS utilises hands free to produce auto split times based on distance too. With a 30 workout memory recall, viewable metrics, two time zone settings, calories burned data and a review mode, this watch provides you with the functionality you will need when you're out and about and running long distance. This watch is water resistant up to 30metres.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I bought this at a reduced price, my local running shop had the non GPS Marathon for the same price, so I figured it was the same, but with GPS, it probably does less.
What it does:
1) Tells the time, time can be set by the GPs signal, so that's good.
2) Stopwatch with 30 lap/split memory
3) charges off a USB socket.
4) Records distance from GPS
5) Displays time, pace, distance, speed, calories (nobody needs this)
6) Records 5 runs
7) Has alarms
8) Two time zones
9) Auto lap
What it doesn't do that you might have expected
1) Record routes. The GPS just records distance from place to place and uses this to calculate all the other stuff. This is good because
2) Output data. You have to read the display to get your recorded run times out. the USB is purely for charging. There are two unused contacts on the watch which may be there for use on other models. You can't get an output of your route as you can on other devices.
How well does it work ?
The Timex watch is perfectly fine. The wrist band is comfortable and fits smaller wrists.
The controls are not particularly intuitive and it is easy to make a mistake while running, pressing STOP instead of START or resetting the display.
The GPS can take a few minutes to find a signal. Once it does, it is generally okay, but can lose signal in open country. It seems fairly accurate, good enough for my purposes anyway. Pace and speed will update as an average of the recent pace/speed so it won't give a precise spot readout if your speed is varying. Basically, it won't work too well as a speedometer, so run a steady pace for a couple of hundred meters before checking the readout other wise you'll get a feedback effect from trying to speed up from a false slow reading and then overspeed your training pace.
The display. Small, I have to hold it close to read distance and chrono time.
Auto lap. You can set distance intervals of 0.4, 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5. These are miles or kilometers. In run or chrono mode the watch beeps as the GPS comes up to the set distance and starts a new lap or split. The beep is not very loud and it's possible not to hear it at higher running speeds. There are no time intervals, so all your intervals would have to be distance based. Its' easier to use it like a regular stopwatch if you are doing distance/time based work like 800m runs with equal time rest jogs.
Overall. It's a Timex with decent quality from a well known manufacturer. It's wearable as a watch for everyday use. You won't find much else in this price bracket from a respected manufacturer. If you are not too demanding and want a GPS watch that cost less than your running shoes then this could be for you.
Overall a good performer and very happy with the price.
Most recent customer reviews
I was thinking buy this watch but now i have serial doubts.
Good other features like stopwatch and alarm.
Also waterproof unlike many other GPS watches.
Easy to use
Easy to charge with the USB connection
Battery life good
Delivered quicker than stated