on 25 May 2015
This was for my grandson's 5th birthday. From the moment he saw it the watch did not come off his arm until he went into the bath then back on again. He was asking about the time his friends would be round to his party so took an instant interest in TIME and would continually refer to it through out the days following. So yes it was a winner. It has got a few scratches on the glass now but considering his age and the use he gives it, I'm more than happy with its durability.
on 27 July 2017
Not quite up to the quality I was expecting for the money, the writing is very small but my daughter seems to be able to read it OK, BUT not as described THERE IS NO BACKLIGHT ON THIS MODEL. We haven't tried to see if it's waterproof yet.

UPDATE - After a few more weeks usage I have decided to downgrade this item to 1 star. As other people have stated this watch does not keep the right time, I have to set it every week. Also the strap is rubbish, it keeps becoming slack, why they couldn't use a Velcro strap I will never know. I would have expected a watch of this low quality if I'd bought it from a market stall, but not from Timex.
on 5 September 2016
Very disappointed with this watch. Bought for grandchild who has slight visual problems and the writing on the hands is so small that even I cant read them plus the numerals are pale coloured - not dark like on the picture - so dont stand out on the face. Also a flower goes round with the second hand obliterating part of the screen as it goes. .
on 11 August 2017
Both our children have had two of these watches. The watches kept very poor time, losing an hour in every 24. It states it is waterproof up to 30m. It's is not waterproof at all. Completely flooded with water and stopped completely. Went from poor time to no time. We didn't just get a duff one. Consistently poor. IF this is a real Timex and not a copy, then Timex standards have seriously slipped. Don't buy here.
on 16 October 2015
Lovely clear watch face and nice design. Lizards tick round face instead of a second hand. No back light though as advertised. Seems to keep time ok. Happy with it for the price and a great first watch for a child. Really don't like the strap as it loosens easily but is good for a tiny wrist and like that it's elasticated. The strap needs to have a proper buckle with pin to do it up as a loop buckle doesn't hold the tension well and loosens. Overall a good value purchase though.
on 8 May 2017
This is a very good learning watch. My daughter was having trouble telling the time but has really mastered it with a little help from this watch. It has the minutes to (on the left) and the minutes past (on the right) which gave her a real helping hand. It is very comfortable for her too and she enjoys wearing it and telling us the time.
on 29 April 2017
My son has had this watch on his wrist for a week now, so far it is the only watch (I have bought from Amazon and I bought 2 from Sainsbury's) that has lasted a week. My son says it is the most comfortable watch he has had, the strap is a stretchy soft material. I would buy this again and may get another for my other son.
He wore it for another 8 weeks and it stopped working. Replaced it with a battery and it worked for another week. I give up with watches from Amazon😪
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 23 February 2018
Present for Grandson (4 years old) the strap is Ideal for him to put on and take off and Washable strap to. The stainless steel back to watch us Good for someone with sensitive skin. Only reason for 4 star rating the numbers around the watch face were really small and hard to distinguish, especially as I wanted it as a watch he could learn to tell the time with.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 19 December 2015
This is a good attempt at a difficult balance - small kids wrist, lots of learning opportunities - how do they fit so much in the space available? Timex do a good job and compromise on a number of areas that provide additional benefits. The strap is elasticated, which I thought was a good idea, although not apparent from the description and the dial is luminous.
on 2 December 2015
I absolutely love this watch! I bought it for my daughter who had struggled to get her head around telling the time. Thanks to the way the watch is designed it literally took her a matter of minutes to finally grasp the concepts. She loves the design and as the watch is quite small it isn't obvious that it's designed on a learning principle. She literally hasn't taken it off since I gave it to her and is near the point of driving me mad with constantly telling me what time it is! I would heartily recommend it to anyone.