Find Your Way Home--Bestselling Sat NavsPlan ahead and avoid traffic jams with one of our bestselling sat navs from top brands including TomTom and Garmin. We also stock a great range of up-to-date and fully-routable maps for your device, including popular destinations such as France, Portugal, North America and Scotland.
- Also check our best rated Travel Book reviews
The Times Atlas of the 20th Century Hardcover – 3 Oct 1996
Special offers and product promotions
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
THE TIMES WORLD ATLASES & THEMATIC HISTORY ATLASES
• HarperCollins 'Cartographic' are market leaders in the field of world atlases.
• 'The Times' brand offers a sense of tradition and authority with clear, accurate and beautifully detailed mapping – complementing the 'Collins' Atlas range and providing you with the widest possible choice.
• As with the 'Collins' Atlases of the World, mapping for 'The Times' range is drawn from a constantly updated database, ensuring absolute accuracy.
• A superb range of beautifully illustrated thematic history atlases which provide a wealth of fascinating and invaluable information on topics as diverse as World History and Archaeology.
• An excellent range of World Reference Maps that complement the atlases – the same accuracy and detail, but ideal for hanging on the wall.
• With outstanding quality and attention to detail, 'The Times' atlases are the perfect gift and a joy to own.
THE TIMES ATLAS OF THE 20TH CENTURY
A compelling and richly interwoven mosaic of text, maps and pictures which examines the rapid pace of change during this century. From the century's opening years to the First World War, through the Great Depression, the Second World War and the Cold War, to the uncertain stumblings of the New World Order. Every major development of the century is covered.
• Over 300 full-colour illustrations
• Over 240 full-colour maps
About the Author
Richard Overy is a leading authority in the field of modern history. He is Professor of Modern History at Exeter University, and is the general editor for the highly-acclaimed Times History of the World series of books.
Top customer reviews
This book well bound, is packed with information & everything about it says "Quality". Colours & the depth of analysis & reporting is tremendous.
I have several of these now including one from 1941 & to see the differences in the world over the 70+ years between the editions. It's an education in itself & the quality of the binding & pages means that this is something that will pass the test of time, as the 1941 edition demonstrates.
Top quality reference book & well worth the money.
Look for similar items by category