Time-limited Dynamic Psychotherapy: A Guide to Clinical Practice Paperback – 25 Aug 1995
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
Ten years ago, Hans Strupp and Jeffrey Binder's Psychotherapy in a New Key introduced a powerful, empirically tested model of brief psychotherapy that has proven highly successful and changed the practice of psychotherapy forever. But until now, there has been no follow-up publication to make the model come alive. With this book, Hanna Levenson draws on her extensive experience with time-limited dynamic psychotherapy to let readers see the therapy in action. Time-limited dynamic psychotherapy provides a state-of-the-art model of treatment that incorporates current developments in psychoanalytic, interpersonal, object-relations, and self psychology theories, as well as cognitive-behavioral and systems approaches. This flexible approach to brief therapy is designed to treat people with long-standing dysfunctional relationships. This book emphasizes identification of interpersonal difficulties and teaches a method of focusing therapy that is behaviorally based and explicit.
About the Author
Hanna Levenson, Ph.D., has been specializing in the area of brief psychotherapy,as a clinician, teacher, and researcher,since 1979. She is clinical professor in the Department of Psychiatry, University of California School of Medicine, San Francisco, and the director of the Brief Psychotherapy Programs at California Pacific Medical centre and the VA Medical centres in Palo Alto and San Francisco. She also teaches time-limited dynamic psychotherapy at Stanford University School of Medicine, and has a clinical practice in San Francisco and Oakland.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Other Branches of Medicine > Psychiatry
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Applied Psychology > Psychotherapy
- Books > School Books
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Education > Teaching Aids
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Clinical Psychology & Psychotherapy
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Psychotherapy & Clinical Psychology
- Books > Science & Nature > Reference > Psychology & Psychiatry
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Sciences A-Z