Time on TV: Temporal Displacement and Mashup Television Hardcover – 18 May 2012
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"It's about time we got a book about television temporality, and Paul Booth does a wonderful job delivering it. A great read that takes a refreshingly innovative approach to television analysis." (Jonathan Gray, Author of 'Television Entertainment '; Co-author of 'Television Studies') "'Time on TV' is a preemptive sequel to my own book on Complex TV, even before that book was published. But through Booth's analysis of temporality, memory, and networking, this chronology seems somehow possible and even appropriate! Regardless of what sort of time travel he may have used to write it, this book connects television aesthetics with shifts in digital media and participatory culture through compelling analyses that should resonate across multiple timeframes." (Jason Mittell, Middlebury College, Author of 'Television and American Culture')
About the Author
Paul Booth is an assistant professor of communication at DePaul University. He studies popular media, popular culture, media fans, television, and technology. He is the author of Digital Fandom: New Media Studies and has published articles in Television and New Media, Critical Studies in Media Communication, and The Journal of New Media and Culture. He earned his PhD in communication and rhetoric from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Management Skills > Communication & Presentation
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Television
- Books > Reference > Language > Communication
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Electronics & Communications Engineering > Telecommunications
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Communication Studies > Media & Communication Industries > Television