Format: Paperback|Change

on 30 May 2013
This book does an excellent job and presenting visuals on Doctor Who it really does do it proud. The diagrams are easy to follow and give really interesting information which any fan of Doctor Who would love, such as myself.

However, the only problem I had, which I'm sure wouldn't be a surprise to you but I do think it is a bit overpriced and this actually gave me doubts when I was first contemplated on buying it. But I guess Doctor Who got the better of me and I couldn't resist. I'm not sure if I would say it is definitely worth £24.95, but it certainly is a beautiful representation in a visual and informational aspect of Doctor Who it really is stunning. This is why I only gave it 4 stars, because of the price weighing it down. Although, if we forgot about the price and just primarily focused on the product and its context then I would certainly give it a 5 star rating.

Although, if you are a Doctor Who fan then I do believe you could forgive your self for buying this product (concerning the price) as it really does provide rich detailed information across the whole series of Doctor Who.
on 2 August 2013
I like lists. I like reading them and I like making them. I like graphs and pie charts and flow charts. This book interprets pretty much all Who related information and sets each topic out in a clever visual. For example the authors of the Target novelisations are set out as book volumes on a shelf. Terreance Dicks has a whopping Stephen King sized volume to account for his 65 novelisations. So I love this book.

There are many, many more with a healthy amount of text to accompany each diagram. Highly recommended if you are extremely nerdish.

However at £22.45 (plus varying prices) it is steep for what you get. It's paperback and looks remarkably thin (although it has a large page count) My first impression was "Is that it?". With this kind of price I would have at least expected hardback. I don't mind paying over the odds but it has to look like it justifies the cost. (Nearer £15 max in my opinion)

I expect the high price is because it's from a little known publisher (apologies to Wonderful Books if you are a Super-Chain)

HOWEVER. IT IS A GREAT BOOK. Perhaps wait until the price drops.

Loses a star for the price
on 31 October 2013
I struggle to find a reason to look at new Doctor Who non-fiction books because it feels like each claims to be more definitive than the last, and I'm always sceptical about whether they'll bring to light any more information than would't be found in Doctor Who Magazine or in the DVD Extras. It's nice to find a book which is not only different but also on my wavelength. If you're a visual learner like me, or you like lists, this will be right up your street. It presents lots of information in ways which are amusing and thought-provoking. I like the fact this book has a sense of humour about the trivial nature of the subject, but it doesn't compromise on the quality of the work. My brain boggles and the amount of time and effort which must have gone into collating the data, even before the visuals themselves are put together. Many graphics are amusing, a few are actually useful reference, and some are genuinely fascinating. For example, I love the graph whose X and Y axes are a story's fan popularity versus the public's view. It's interesting to see which episodes were loved by everyone, or just one of the two camps. It's not a book you'd read from cover to cover, but it's one you'll never tire of picking up at random.
on 14 April 2014
if you're a long-term fan of Doctor Who, your are bound to enjoy this. A book of trivia, but presented as graphs and diagrams rather than lists and essays. Though I do have to admit, my copy was quite badly printed.
on 8 October 2014