on 4 March 2010
I am an adult beginner to classical guitar, and thhis is the book my teacher reccomended to start with. The pieces are enjoyable and challenging for a coplete novice. a good variety of composers, so therefore a good choice of pieces to play. have been going to lessons for 3 months now and have done seven pieces so far, not perfect but getting better!!
on 6 February 2014
I purchased this book for a music pupil who is learning classical guitar - the book covers grade 1 and 2 ABRSM, and includes some of the song choices for these grades, along with a good selection of other songs. It is listed in years of composition, and is printed very clearly. Great book - LOVE IT!!!
on 28 December 2012
Very useful for my grade 1 exam and has a few christmassy songs which i was able play to all the family :)
on 5 August 2013
Having achieved grade 8 Piano I decided to take up the guitar and, having asked my music teacher for recommendations, this book is perfect for me. The pieces in it are pretty much at the standard I need to be practising at, and conveniently most of the pieces are on the ABRSM syllabus for grade 1 or 2 guitar. I would say that this book doesn't do much to teach you how to read music and, of course, having a good teacher will always be more beneficial than a book alone, but if you're like me (already a musician) then this book is very worth the money as you don't need to 're-learn' to read music.
on 23 April 2012
This is the recommended publication set by my daughters guitar teacher. The information is well set out and easy to understand.
on 3 May 2014
This was requested by the music teacher and is a good quality material so should last wear and tear through use.
on 19 December 2013
It is helping with my exams it is very good. Came in a perfect condition so I love it soooooo much
on 18 November 2014
bought this for my daughter to do her exams
on 25 January 2015
Easy to follow book. It's proving helpful
on 16 September 2013
Bought this for my granddaughter and she's over the moon with it. Would recommended it to any budding guitarist. For the money it is a must.