on 27 August 2017
Fit as expected lightweight and airy.
on 18 December 2013
These shoes are very comfortable, seeing as the materials are soft and flexible. Over the years I have purchased hiking shoes from the major brands but the only ones that I use daily are Timberland! With regards to this model, I would suggest that they are more suited to hiking in even terrain - for uneven terrain other models from Timberland that are more rugged are better suited.
on 22 March 2014
Brought these to replace a pair of Berghaus gortex walking shoes. Have had pairs of Berghaus, Raichle, Karrimor, etc but went for these. A poor choice. More a 7.5 (maybe even 7) than an 8 which normally wouldnt be a problem but within half a mile of the first tryout I had blisters on both heels as the construction at the back comes far too tightly into your achilies tendon. Swopped shoes with my walking partner who takes a 7 and guess what, within 2 miles she had blisters in exactly the same place(s) By that point too late to return!
They are nowhere near as strong as Berghaus and they feel flimsy albeit that the materials appear to be good.
Would love to say if they are waterproof but cant wear them for more than half mile still. More a fashion item than a serious walking shoe. Bought a pair of Karrimor Bodmins the next week. Wish I had bought 2 pairs of them now!
on 10 August 2014
Small fitting: I bought the UK 9 (I'm actually size 8) and am glad I did because even the 9 feels a little constricted for my liking!
Heal Rubbing: Immediately upon putting them on, I could feel pressure on my achiles tendons coming from the lip at the back. These shoes will definitely need breaking-in before attempting any serious walking.
Cheap looking: First impression of this shoe is that it has been designed for the budget end of the market. I have seen this shoe advertised at £90+ and there is no way I would give it a second glance at that price! But on offer at around £20 I think it is fair value.
For me, the biggest feature is that tight/rubbing heel lip. I'd have thought that with decades of ergonomics R&D, these sorts of design features would no longer exist. But what do I know?!
on 11 September 2014
At first these seemed quite comfortable but after wearing were found to be very narrow. I have to admit my right foot seems wider and they were tight across the toes. Biggest problem I found thou is they made my feet really sweat. After wearing for a few weeks or so I have developed a very swollen right foot what the doctor believed was gout (never had before)! Have now returned to Amazon for a refund.
on 27 April 2014
Heels cut to ribbons with blisters - Timberlands are normally a great fit for me, but the heel on these grips your Achilles tendon like a sharp vice. Wore them once three weeks ago and I still can't wear any shoe that comes into contact with the blisters.
on 4 August 2014
i was saved by the reviews of the other buyers.
i wear 11.5 and i decided to buy 12.5, and they fit perfectly.
Just concerned why is that since all my timberland shoes are 11.5 . so 4 stars for the undersizing.
Box was damaged a little but didnt affect the content.
Also , strangely no invoice inside.
Overall satisfied by the quality.
on 24 October 2014
This started badly by being out of stock so I cancelled the one click order. As you can see it was supplied anyway. I couldn't find any evidence that I had actually cancelled the order so tried them out.
They are the most uncomfortable shoes I have ever worn. The rim of the heel curves inwards and bears on the tendon. It has no give in it and produced massive blisters on both feet and tendinitis. Thinking you needed to break them in I put on some plasters and tried again a few days later. Same issues no give at all. I tried wearing them really loosely and ended up with blood in the shoes. I finally tried using steam to shape the heel. This improved them but they've returned to the same shape
This is the second Timberland product that won't wear in and I will not be buying a third. So I have a mud spattered pair of very expensive shoes I cannot return or wear and that I didn't buy in the first place . Seems an utter disaster to me.
on 20 December 2013
Unfortunately these shoe are undersized (10UK) or mislabled. So tight and narrow they were returned. Otherwise looked a decent built shoe.
on 13 December 2014
The size I've ordered was 1 more than my normal shoe and it fits perfectly. Very comfortable to wear.
Quality colour, make and comfort.
I'm having slight issues with the laces as it becomes loose quite often. Not sure if thats the case with everyone or is there a style to tie these laces?