Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Discover more Shop now

on 27 December 2012
folks a great looking boot that looks cool even when worn in.
But i was staggard staggeard stagganrd at the short life of the sole. My wife had some Timberland boots when she was a 22 year old student she is now 40 and has now passed then to my daughter still going strong.
If they made the sole durable it could be a classic boot for hand me downs also, as it is the soles starts to deteriate at double quick time.
In 1 year of casual use i will be handing them to the trash the soles have worn through completely.

very dissapointed won;t recomment the brand in future....a great shame.
on 30 January 2013
Really like these boots, look great and super comfy but, and this is a major but, the soles are, to put it bluntly, absolutely crap on anything other than a dry surface. On a damp pavement they are bloody awful and downright dangerous, slipping and sliding all over the place.
If you want these for an urban winter boot then I'd think again. Out in the country or in the dry, they are great.
If it wasn't for the sole problem these would get a full 5 stars.
on 8 January 2013
Very pleased with my boots, great lookers, comfy, light and versatile. The only thing that lets them down is the sole! The most slippery sole I have had on any footwear I own. In the wet be very careful on what you walk on! Had a few slip slides in shops and on shiny wet outside surfaces. As and when the sole wear out I`ll be re soling them with something far more grippy, like teflon or something ;)
on 22 October 2013
These are lovely , comfortable boots but I agree with a lot of others here . The soles are absolutely hopeless possible due to the use of 'recycled materials'.
This is my second pair ,and the soles are almost halfway worn away after two months.
on 29 June 2013
The Timberland Men's Earthkeepers Original 6" Medium Brown Lace Up Boot... are very classy. I had fallen for them the first time I saw but was waiting for a good deal to come and got it on Amazon. The boots look very cool. While boots are normally designed for hard and tough use and hence have fatter soules, but these ones are for fashion I believe, but not for farm or and hard labour, but that does not mean they are not sturdy, they are sturdy and classy. Comfortable to walk good grip, though they squeak on certain surfaces. Theey are slim and not fat at toe unlike the CATerpillar boots or Dr. Martens, i love them for that classy design. While ordering order half a size less, the supplier have some confusion in UK and US size. I wanted 8 UK siuze but they are 1/2 size bigger. The boots are made in india and have finesse.The laces though are smaller at leas I feel as while wearing and removing you need to open them up a bit and the laces falll short and come out of the first couple of eyelets. The boot are decently high and look very cool.
on 3 August 2011
this is my third pair now and i love them they are so just so comfortable and a bonus this time they where in the sale

if i had to pick a downside to these boots it is the soles wear down quite quickly
and when you place your order go 1/2 size smaller than you would normaly buy.

Tony
on 27 January 2012
These are great boots and are a great price on amazon at the moment (over 50% off!).
Fantastic delivery time too - with the free supersaver delivery mine arrived in 3 or 4 working days (and that was to Ireland!).

It difficult to find a good pair of winter-ready boots that also look great with a pair of jeans etc! They are very comfortable, and are surprisingly light too - in fact they weigh less than 0.6Kg per boot in a size UK11.5 (yes - I checked them on my kitchen scales as I couldn't believe how light they are!).

However, 2 things to be careful of before you buy:
1) as others have said, these boots are a little over-estimated on their size. I'm usually a size UK 12 or 12.5 (EU 47), but these boots in UK 11.5 (EU 46) fit me perfectly. I would also say that they are quite wide fitting. On the box mine are stated as a size "US 12W/L" (or on the inside of the boot a "US 12W"). I presume the W/L might stand for "wide / large", although shoe width is usually denoted by a low alphabet letter (i.e. A to E).
2) Be careful of the colour you select. I selected the "medium brown" colour on the selection page, but when added to the basket, the description of the colour was changed to "red brown". For me, this isn't a big problem as I like both colours - in fact, the two are fairly identical! Incidentally, the colour on the box is neither "medium brown" or "red brown", but instead is "burn brn/brn".

I would have given these 4.5 stars if possible, but it had to be 4!
The only small thing (other than the size issue and colour issue) that annoys me about them is that they tend to squeak on tiled floors if they are slightly wet; and they are surprisingly slippy in the same scenario. This isn't something that would concern most people, but if you work in a building with tiled floors, on a rainy day people will know when you're coming!

In summary: fantastic boot, especially if you can get them for 70 like I did!!
on 15 March 2012
I bought these boots in November 2010 and have just worn them everyday for two winters in Newcastle. And as a student I walk around a lot.

They have lasted well and look great with jeans however the sole is a bit quick to wear and I wore them out after 4 months. However I got them resoled for £30 and they are still going strong and will no doubt last another year. Put the leather upper will probably go after another year.

In short great boots that look stylish and cope well with snow/rain... without looking to rugged.
on 10 March 2014
Please take note of the many reviews here that warn about the soles on these boots. I've had them on twice for a few hours and there is noticeable wear. They are good looking boots and at Amazon's low prices I ignored the warnings. I don't expect to wear them often and don't hold much hope that they will last a winter.
on 30 January 2015
I bought these as a more heavy duty leather winter boot that i could wear out on the town and to work as opposed to my fashion boots or hiking boots. Looks wise, they look great and are very well made, - as you'd expect from Timberland. Size wise, they are a little roomier than previous brands ive worn, im typically a comfortable 12 fit with boots and these are a little looser. In terms of warmth, dont expect toasty warm feet as you might get with Goretex hiking boots, but stick an extra pair of socks on and these boots are pretty warm. The thick sole shields your foot from the cold ground transference too.

You do get a fair amount of grip in wet and snowy conditions, and the sole stands up well to the elements, but beware, because they are essentially soft gum, they are pretty slippery when it comes to ice! You can always get yourselves some of those snap on ice shoes if you're worried about it

Ive noticed other reviewers talking about the life of the sole - i cant comment on this too much as ive only had them for a couple of weeks (still, ive worn them every day!) but it seems to be fine for now. Re-soling is fairly cheap though and once these gum soles finally give out i'll be replacing them with a harder thermal compound sole so they are less slippery on ice.

I also bought the timberland waximum protector for these and applied it straight away to protect against discolouration from water and salt, and id recommend you do the same - you might notice a darkening of the leather at first but as the leather absorbs the wax it'll return to the normal colour.

Overall, a sturdy, well made boot with some heavy duty and premium leather - comfortable, warm and dry.

See one answered question