This jacket by Timberland was not quite what I had expectected.

It is, as all Timberland products are in my experience, well made and generally seems to be of a high quality. However, on receiving the jacket I discovered that it had,what I assume to be, a designer patch on the back of the left-hand shoulder. The thing is that I had thoroughly studied the product description and images prior to ordering and nowhere is there any sign or mention of this patch and the problem with the patch is that: a) it seems to be out of keeping with this smart, casual jacket and b) unusually for Timberland, it was poorly stitched with a lot of frayed edges that gave the impression that it would not hold together for very long, oh yes and the patch itself was a different denim to the jacket.

The material used for the jacket is a sort of brushed denim with a soft feel to it, not like the denim used for jeans, whilst the colour is actually very similar to the colour in the images, maybe a bit greener. The jacket has a reasonable sized pocket on the inside as well as the exterior pockets so there are plenty of places for carrying your stuff and overall it feels light and warm to wear.

I had read some reviews for other Timberland jackets that seemed to suggest that you are better going for a size larger than you would normally as they are quite a snug fit. This was not my experience, I ordered a large size but upon trying it on I found that I maybe should have stuck to my usual medium size.

Overall I would say that this is a good, light-weight jacket that would keep you warm in Spring and Autumn but I don't think it would be shower proof. I ended up returning the jacket to Amazon with no problems at all, purely on a matter of personal taste really and the fact that it was a bit too big for me.
on 6 May 2014
I thought two previous reviewers were unlucky and received faulty items so I purchased a jacket (mind you the price was also too tempting). That patch at the back is a fault and definitely not a design feature. Or if it is by design then it is really ugly. Just to repeat, it is not shown in the picture. Amazon was fair and refunded without a fuss (at this one star reflects just that) but I believe they shouldn’t sell items that are different to the description.
on 7 March 2014
I like this jacket very much, but they sent me one with a weird hole badly sawn behind the left shoulder.
They do this systematically and they hope we ll not return it... the other review I read says the same about the "designer patch"
Its not a designer patch its a bad product.it is not in the picture of the item its just a hole which wasn't even nicely patched...
It was my first time using amazon to buy something and I am very disappointed.I m not sure but I think it might not even be a genuine timberland product.it looks like a Turkish copy... the zippers look like very cheap material to be timberland.
on 8 May 2015