Format: DVD|Change

on 26 December 2010
I saw this show live in Reading - because Tim didn't come to Oxford again. Grrr! - some time ago and was overjoyed to see this appear for release. I treated myself to this for Christmas and watched it on Christmas Day with my family. For starters, this is probably the only stand-up video out there that everyone - old and young - can sit down and watch.
That doesn't mean however, that it is cheap, lame Chucklevision style humour. Well, maybe the "Mati-neigh" jokes are, but don't let that put you off.

What marks Tim shows out from other short gag merchants is that he thoughtfully intersperses them with some of the most bizarre and silly skits and props you've ever seen. As a fan of pure silliness, I think there's a lack of downright sillines in comedy at the moment - and there's nothing sillier than a load of Kellogg's variety cereal boxes attached to an umbrella frame. I've seen people like Stewart Francis and as funny as he is, it can get a bit heavy going and tedious with nothing else to break it all up, but as I say, Tim provides plenty of visual gags, songs and antics to stop the monotony.

The show itself I have to say, does seem to to start a little slowly. Personally I would say the stronger jokes come in later. That said, there are still some decent chuckles to be had along the way.

"Punslinger" lacks the strength of classic skits like 'Flag Hippo' or 'Pen Behind The Ear' (although do watch out for the encore) but there are still plenty of absurdities in a similar vein - 'Sheepy Up' and 'Ventriloquism' to name but a few.

There are some interesting extras too. For example, a film of Tim trying out all manner of strange and silly new material in order to prepare for the tour. There's also an old home-made movie by Tim and John Archer about two useless detectives who struggle even to solve parking problems, let alone crimes. Oh and watch out for the wonderfully named Mayor too!

Overall, I think "So I Said To This Bloke" is possibly a touch stronger than "Punslinger" but the simple fact is this - If you love Tim, you'l love this. And I do.
on 24 December 2011
I think Tim Vine is great and have four of his DVDS - I watched this and to be a little harsh was a bit disappointed, on the other hand he still came out with some hilarious things like the goose walk, and some great jokes. However a lot of the jokes were very lame and not at all funny and he fell flat with the auidence a couple of times. The ewe in midair was pointless and I think all the songs were not funny in this DVD, the leaning song was long winded and got annoying as did the ventriloquist part, I found this a bit too childish and annoying again. His other DVDs I watched and laughed right through from beginning to end but this act to me was a bit filling in with anything. The DVD started hilarious but by midway I was kind of bored :(
on 1 September 2010
Obviously I haven't actually seen the DVD, but I was lucky enough to be at the recording and it is absolutely brilliant - Tim Vine at his absolute best.

That said, it should come with a health warning that you could actually become damaged from laughing so much - there were several points at the recording where I did worry that I might stop breathing or similar.

So buy it - but be careful!
on 13 October 2013
I had never come across Tim Vine before I watched this DVD.
To start with I didn't think I was going to enjoy it as I thought it too childish. However I kept watching & was very glad that I did. The title of this DVD is very appropriate as TIm Vine delivers joke after joke in quick fire succession & it's deceptively clever & very punny!! There are some very clever sketches. I especially enjoyed the one about ventriloquism.
I can't remember laughing so much for a long time.
on 26 August 2011
I have all of Tim Vine's DVDs. Whilst I think this is funny, it's not as good as the others. I'm a big Tim Vine fan, and I would say that if you don't have the other two DVDs then I'd get those first, but if you do then you won't be disappointed with this one.
on 18 August 2014
This item, along with 3 other Tim Vine DVD's, arrived in good time (before the due date) and were well packed. They provided a good 4 hours of zany, family entertainment. Total cost - less than £20. Excellent value for money.
on 20 August 2011
Punslinger is very funny. Of course it is. Tim Vine is one of the best comedians around. His jokes are primarily silly puns - but don't let that put you off, he is brilliant. This DVD is an hour of very funny jokes told at a quick-fire pace and if you have too much time on your hands the commentary is very good too.

Honestly, I prefer Mr Vines other DVD's but that said, I own over 200 stand up DVD's (nerd!) and the three that I own are constantly returned to. Really great stuff. Buy all of his products no matter what they may be.

Well worth owning.
on 23 February 2014
What can I say?? My family & I LOVE Time Vine - and his latest DVD 'Punslinger' didn't disappoint!! He is one of the few comedians that is suitable for ALL the family to watch together, which is lovely!! Also, living abroad, it helps my 12 yr old to understand the English language and our many sayings, where she may not have come across them in daily life!!! A belly laugh AND educational at the same time....what more could you ask for in a comedy video?? ;) Thanks, Tim! :D
on 13 March 2013
I like Tim Vine, but not on this occasion. I suppose having seen him for only ten minute slots on the TV and liking some of his one liners, I thought a full DVD might have me laughing until the end. I was disappointed. If you are a follower of his kind of comedy and quick flips and inuendo, then this is for you, Sadly not for me on this occasion.
on 22 December 2011
This is a fantastic dvd to watch and you can watch it over again and never get board
love it. it is funny and is a fantastic comedian.

a must have when feeling down or just board and not sure what to watch.