on 19 August 2016
A very intriguing and frank look into Tim Burton's life based on his career output. His history and interaction with people, such as Disney and Johnny Depp, are highlights in understanding the psychology of his work. The book is written in very simple terms, which makes it very easy to follow. The writer tries to present the information with as little bias as possible. It paints a very clear picture of who Tim Burton is and what he stands for.
on 15 November 2015
I have always been a big fan of The Nightmare Before Christmas and many of Tim Burton's films. The beautifully Gothic and expressionist animation from the film carries on into this beautifully presented "making of" book. There is a great deal of original artwork, sketches, production / character designs, behind the scenes photos and information exploring how the animators, director, composer and crew made this quirky animation film into a holiday classic. If you are a fan of the film this is a must have collectors item.
on 24 November 2011
I am very pleased with my purchase of Burton on Burton first published in 1995. I particularly like the way that Burton's own voice is fed through Michael Salisbury's narrative as this gives a deep insight into Burton's character and genius. Understanding Burton's childhood experiences leads to a better appreciation of his work. For example, Burton writes: 'My movies just sort of ended up being representative of the way I am'. The book is beautifully illustrated with copies of Burton's original sketches as well as stills from films and photographs of stars like Vincent Price and Johnny Depp. Having read the book, I want to see more of Burton's work. My impression of Burton is that of a warm-hearted eccentric with original ideas. I look forward to seeing a sequel to this book bringing his story up to date.
on 10 December 2014
Bought this "Trivial Pursuit - Nightmare Before Christmas" Game . . . My daughter loves it and said the questions are very hard but the game is well entertaining. Our only complaint is we'd love to have a chance to buy a "Full version".
on 3 June 2016
Lovely book with lots of photos and artwork. The only reason I have not given it 5 stars is compaired to some of the new 'Art of movie'books I have bought this book is a little dated. Could have been more lavish! But still a lovely book.
on 10 September 2016
What an amazing book we love it especially that both the girlfriend and I love nightmare before Christmas. Such s great keepsake too
on 8 January 2018
Brilliant book , brought for myself , but , as it was so lovely . I gave it to a good friend for Christmas
on 22 December 2016
Daughter loves jack and loves a story she will love this when she opens on Xmas day! Looks great!
on 21 November 2017
This book has fantastic illustrations throughout and will make a lovely gift.
on 19 January 2014
I bought this book as a present for my sister as a Christmas present as she is a huge fan of Tim Burton, she absolutely loved this book and loved reading more about Tim Burton and was very moved by a section of the book were Johnny Depp discusses his appreciation on Tim Burtons work and expressed his gratitude for the impact Burton has made on his career.