on 31 May 2012
Must agree with Andrew - and I can't understand 'fans' who were pleased with these.
I really like Tim Burton's artwork and looked forward to these as it was a great idea - yet they skimped badly on the opportunity to put a different picture on each card - just 4 pictures! Repeated pictures across the royalty cards and nothing on the number cards.
Waste of an opportunity and waste of my money - don't bother.
on 27 December 2010
I was bought a set of these for Christmas and they are very, very poor indeed. For something entitled "Tim Burton 's Playing Cards" (and the price) you would be expect the cards to be illustrated throughout, however once opened you find that the backs have the same generic design and the only illustrated cards are the Ace, King, Queen, Jack and Jokers with exactly the same images repeated for all four suits - so you get the grand total of 5 illustrations for the whole pack. The reproduction and print quality isn't very good either.

I suppose the lack of imagination and substance to this card set could be seen as a satirical critique of the director's cinematic output for the last decade or so, in which case... ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!.

I am now looking for a set of M. Night Shamayalan playing cards.
33 comments| 53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 February 2013
Actually want to give this pack 3 and a half stars, but I don't seem to be able to do halves. Bought these for my Burtonfreak son, who loves them. The pack is fine as far as it goes, but it's not varied enough. It's reasonable to have all cards of the same number the same pattern, but it's only the royals and jokers that are illustrated, the number cards have bog standard pips and that's disappointing. Tim Burton's name normally denotes abundance and quality but this pack lets him down.
on 18 February 2016
Not so amazed by this deck I expected better. Quality of card stock is average, tuck box feels cheap. As an aside the Bicycle deck called Tragic Royalty has a stronger Tim Burton feel than this deck which carries his name.
on 16 February 2015
My younger brother is a massive Tim Burton fan and is studying Film and Media at University so this was an extra gift for Christmas which I knew he would appreciate. Like others say, don't purchase this item if you are expecting every card to be "Tim Burton style" because it is not. Only the Royal Cards, as shown in the picture are of that style. I haven't seen the deck since I gave it too him as he took it back to Uni with him but I'm pretty sure the other regular cards had a funky font and style on the numbers and suits, rather than just being normal, in a similar way to the ones you can see in the image, but I can't remember properly. Nearly £4.00 is pretty steap for a deck of cards but its something different. Had to knock a star off on this because the delivery time was ridiculous. I ordered them on 22nd of December to be fair as I only spotted them then so I didn't really expect them for Christmas. But I received them on the 31st of January which was a bit later than I thought. Maybe just due to the none delivery days between the order date and Christmas including bank holidays etc and due to the heavy mail traffic. Nice item though.
on 17 January 2016
Quite dissapointed....i brought these for my son as he is made for anything tim burton.i thought there would be pictures on all the cards .but they are only on the jack,queen,king...so apart from them cards them are just a normal pack of playing cards
on 22 October 2015
I bought these for a friend for Christmas, but I was slightly tempted to also buy a set for myself. They're a lovely size and from what I can tell without opening them (wouldn't want to give an opened present..) they're great quality with lovely images. May buy myself a set yet..
on 4 September 2013
It was a gift for a Tim Burton's fan- and she loved the cards! They came new unpacked -still in foil, in a best condition ever. And they are little cheaper than in the shops-including delivery. I definitely recommend them :)
on 3 September 2014
these cards do not have the small suit symbol next to the number on the number cards. so when fanning cards it is impossible to tell if you have an 8 of hearts or 8 of diamonds in your hand. this doesn't sound like a big problem but it is virtually impossible to play with these cards. i have older Tim Burton playing cards which do not do this. real shame if all new cards are like this.
on 5 April 2016
All your favourites are here: The nine of spades, the six of clubs, the queen of hearts and who could forget the classic two of diamonds.

If you like cards and you like Tim Burton then you'll LOVE Tim Burton playing cards.