- Also check our best rated Wii U Game reviews
Tiger Woods Pga Tour 12 : The Masters (Wii)
|Price:||£49.99 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Delivery Details|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Play the Hallowed Grounds of Augusta National Golf Club - For the first time ever in Tiger Woods PGA TOUR franchise history, players will now be able to compete at Augusta National Golf Club. Experience the historic holes that comprise Amen Corner and make a run at capturing the distinctive Green Jacket.
- Masters Moments - Relive and play through memorable, historic moments of the Masters. Take the challenge and see where you measure up against the greats who have played in this legendary tournament.
- Broadcast Presentation - Jim Nantz teams up with David Feherty to lead the all-new broadcast presentation package. Enhanced visuals showcase high fidelity character models and course details that bring to life all the sights and sounds of a round of golf at Augusta National. For the first time in franchise history, the game will feature 3D grass, which will appear and respond more like actual grass.
- Climb the World Ranking - Feel the pressure of an all-important putt while working your way through the amateur tour, Qualifying School, and the Nationwide TOUR. Perform well enough to earn a spot on the PGA TOUR! In Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters, the all-new career mode closely mirrors the real-life journey of an amateur golfer as they strive to make it onto the PGA TOUR.
- The Caddie Experience - Play like a true pro with a caddie alongside, assisting and supporting your every swing. The caddie will evaluate all pre-shot factors, such as wind, lie, and yardage, to provide a recommended shot. As your caddie's knowledge of each course increases, he will level up through "Course Mastery," making him even more valuable to your success.
- Gameplay Enhancements - Enjoy new features like Fast Golf which allow you to complete a full round in half the time. The new save system provides the flexibility to save, and later resume, your round at any point. In Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters, players will have the ability to jump start their career mode as they will be able to carry over their XP from last year's game.
- The Best Golfers in the World - Hit the links as the top talent in golf, including PGA TOUR Rookie of the Year Rickie Fowler, past Masters champion Zach Johnson, Ryder Cup participant Bubba Watson, and many more.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
- Platform: Nintendo Wii
- PEGI Rating: Ages 3 and Over
- Media: Video Game
- Item Quantity: 1
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Platform: Nintendo Wii
Start your journey down the "Road to the Masters" with Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12 The Masters. For the first time in franchise history, players will be able to step on to the hallowed grounds of Augusta National to experience the rich history and tradition of the Masters Tournament. Rely on the advice of your caddie to strategize and focus your game while feeling the intensity of the PGA TOUR season. Embark on the "Road to the Masters" as your career begins on the amateur tour and work your way through Q School, Nationwide Tour, and finally, the PGA TOUR. Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12 The Masters has something for every golf fan and is the must-have title this year!
- Play the Hallowed Grounds of Augusta National Golf Club – For the first time ever in Tiger Woods PGA TOUR franchise history, players will now be able to compete at Augusta National Golf Club. Experience the historic holes that comprise Amen Corner and make a run at capturing the distinctive Green Jacket.
- Masters Moments – Relive and play through memorable, historic moments of the Masters. Take the challenge and see where you measure up against the greats who have played in this legendary tournament.
- Broadcast Presentation – Jim Nantz teams up with David Feherty to lead the all-new broadcast presentation package. Enhanced visuals showcase high fidelity character models and course details that bring to life all the sights and sounds of a round of golf at Augusta National. For the first time in franchise history, the game will feature 3D grass, which will appear and respond more like actual grass.
- Climb the World Ranking – Feel the pressure of an all-important putt while working your way through the amateur tour, Qualifying School, and the Nationwide TOUR. Perform well enough to earn a spot on the PGA TOUR! In Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Mas
There are certain things we take for granted whenever a new Tiger Woods PGA Tour Golf game comes around: the best graphics that can be found in any golf game, a sumptuous and flexible control system and the chance to match our skills against those of the world’s finest golfers. But every iteration of the all-conquering golf-sim franchise brings something new, and in the case of Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12, EA Sports is treating us to that most venerable and venerated of major championships, the Masters.
You simply can’t call yourself a true golf-nut if you have never dreamed of slipping on the fabled green jacket. And if you can’t contain your excitement at the prospect, you can jump straight onto the Augusta national course. But it’s far more satisfying to gain entry on merit – via the Road to the Masters, which is basically the Career mode. It starts you off on an amateur nine-hole event, and if you do well in that, you swiftly acquire your Tour card; from then on, how quickly you progress to pitting your skills against the fearsome Amen Corner depends entirely on how swiftly you are able to propel yourself into the world’s top 100.
Ramming home the focus on the Masters are nine Masters Moments, which take over from the familiar Challenges found in previous versions of Tiger Woods PGA Tour Golf. These invite you to replicate iconic achievements from Masters of yore, such as Tiger’s own chip-in on the 16th in 2005, or Arnold Palmer’s eagle on 13 in 1958.
Another key, all-new feature is the caddy system. Once you try it, you’ll find yourself wondering why past golf games ignored this key aspect of the game. The caddy suggests shots for you at the touch of a button, and is particularly useful for beginners, as it introduces you gently to the subtleties of drawing and fading, loft, spin and so on. But it isn’t just for beginners: each course you play has a set of Course Mastery Objectives divided into gold, silver and bronze, and as you start to achieve those, your caddy (powered by wondrously high-tech artificial intelligence) will learn, too, offering increasingly imaginative tailored shot-options.
Online, the mighty GamerNet system is back which, once again, lets your imagination run riot by posting countless challenges for your friends (such as longest drive, nearest to the pin and so on) – just what fanatical golfers need to maintain their insatiable thirst for bragging rights even when the weather is too filthy for them to contemplate venturing outdoors. As before, you can build up a serious online reputation by taking part in tournaments and racking up GamerNet points.
In terms of courses, the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions include 16 each in the box, with a further 20 available as downloadable content, while the Wii version packs in 24 courses, although those are not being augmented by DLC. Golfers making their debut include the Molinari brothers, Ricky Fowler, Zach Johnson, Bubba Watson and Henrik Stenson. Those looking for the ultimate in physical authenticity will be pleased to hear that the natural-motion systems employed by the PS3’s Move and the Wii’s Motion Plus have been considerably honed and upgraded for Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters – the latter can even incorporate the Wii’s Balance Board to measure how planted you are when you play your shots.
This year’s Masters is bound to produce more legendary feats to add to its unparalleled library of super-memorable golfing glories. What a joy it is that we’ll be able attempt to match them – as they take place -- via the medium of the world’s best golf game.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I don't have my wii connected to the internet so the new feature of trying to connect at start-up means that I have an awful long wait for it to discover that there is no connection each time that it starts or is reset.
In fairness, the picture quality of this version is better than before and the feeling of playing golf is very realistic as usual. But, as in the previous version(s), you are offered such a limited number of clubs - generally, for long holes - two woods and no middle irons - just 2 or 3 wedges. So for medium shots, instead of using a mid iron to lay up as in real golf, you have to under-hit a driver or make do with just 50 yards distance with a wedge - ludicrous. Why they can't offer a full set of clubs is beyond me.
As before, there is no consistency in the distance you can attain from the rough which is really annoying.
As for the new caddie feature to help you make your choice of shot, I thought that this option would offer a greater choice of clubs. But because I have ignored it quite often on long holes and used the driver off the tee, if I click on "caddie" it now offers me only the same club and no options - useless!
So we have this software with Tiger's name attached which clearly, he has never used, otherwise he would be stupid to promote it - no doubt he just banks the money. This could have been a really superb product but the producers can't be bothered to finish it properly. I understand that this is probably, the last time this will be produced and can only hope that another company comes up with a more sensible product that reflects the real game properly. Having said that, there seems to be no other golf product available that offers any competition - shame.
Bought this as Masters was due and wanted to experience Augusta. Very good game play either as career path or regular games. Good speedy progress. Augusta excellent reproduction of course and fast greens. Commentary much improved over TW 08 although odd glitch when second shot to green was classed as "fantastic green in one" quite often. Not sure what value caddie adds, but can be turned off. All in all great game and great value
Most recent customer reviews