- Platform: Nintendo Wii
- PEGI Rating: Ages 3 and Over
- Media: Video Game
- Item Quantity: 1
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09 'All-Play' (Wii)
- EA SPORTS All-Play - All new swing type allows gamers of all levels to play together taking the guesswork out of setting shots and showing gamers exactly where their ball will end up before every shot
- Wii Exclusive Golf Party Mode - Battle your family and friends in up to 15 fun and challenging mini-games including ball juggling, range cart showdown, shooting gallery and speed golf, that keep the competition fierce long after you finish your round
- New Online Mode - All-new 4-Player Online Simultaneous Play allows you to compete in a four person round in the same time it takes to play single player. No more waiting for your buddies to hit their shot. You will see ball trails from each of your playing partners as the foursome plays the hole at the same time
- Performance Coach - The TOUR pros have their coaches and now you do too. Tiger Woods' real life coach Hank Haney will guide you through your career right from the start and help you improve your confidence. Haney is constantly watching your performance and assessing areas for improvement. When you're having trouble he'll provide you training events to help increase your confidence
- Tune Your Clubs to Maximize Your Swing - With the all new Club Tuner you'll be able to tune your wedges, irons, woods and driver to customize your bag and get the most out of every club. But strategy will come into play as you must weigh the risks of club performance versus ease of use. So tune wisely!
- New Courses and Golfers - New challenges await with exotic new locations including Gary Player Country Club in South Africa, Wentworth Country Club in England and more. International stars join the action in Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 09 with Se Ri Pak, Darren Clarke, Nick Dougherty and Rory McIlroy challenging you as you make your way through your career.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Platform: Nintendo Wii
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09 'All-Play' (Wii)
Whether you're a seasoned veteran or hitting the links for the first time, now everybody swings on an even playing field in Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 09 All-Play. Your career begins under the watchful eye of Hank Haney, Tiger Woods' real-life coach, who takes you under his wing, helps you tune your clubs, and provides training drills to help improve your game. With experience under your belt and confidence as your ally, take aim at family, friends, and rivals in fun and challenging game modes, including the new Golf Party mini-game mode. With improved swing mechanics, an all-new controller system, and tutelage from one of the game's best coaches, play your way to the top of the leaderboard with Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 09 All-Play.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
After previously owning 08' on both consoles I think it is fair to say that improvements on the wii version are quite subtle, but overall, do improve the general quality of the game.
A LOT of things remain from the 08' version.
Eg. Character creation is EXACTLY the same, same kit, clothes, accessories etc. The only difference being the navigational menus have been revamped, which to EA's credit are very nicely done, a vast improvement from 08'.
Gameplay wise, the graphics have had a very nice improvement, and although they still come nowhere near to the standards of the 360 version, are surprisingly very good for a wii game.
They have also implemented a new play style "all play" which basically tells you exactly where the ball will bounce, land, roll etc, and make getting the correct swing percentage right extremely easy. This is great for beginners and little kids, but isn't very challenging to say the least. (Best just to keep it on normal play.)
Another new feature is online play! I have played this a couple of times with my brother and I have to say its not to bad. Obviously there aren't as many features as you get on the 360 version, but its pretty decent.
Overall, this is still the best golf game on the wii by a country mile. And, is an improvement on 08' although I would have liked to see some new features, more character customization and more online features, but overall I highly recommend this game, not only to hardcore golf fans, but to anyone. Its great fun.
With the wii you get much more sense of achievement at pulling off great shots than you do on 360/ps3 counterparts, albeit until you arm starts hurting after too many attempted 110% drives!
Gameplay - 5/5
Graphics - 4/5
Multiplayer - 4/5
General presentation - 4/5
Overall - a solid 4/5
The two biggest irritants are firstly the commentary that is just awful Sam Torrence just sounds bored and enough to send you to sleep the commentaters on 08 were far better.
Then we come to the putting, yes you can get used to it but you are using a power meter and different settings re the length of the putt whereas in 08 it is as near putting on a real green that you can get, you are using your own judgement as to how to read the green and the power to use.
Hopefully in the next edition they will sort these irritants out but i shall hold fire next time before buying and i shall also read a lot of reviews before parting with my hard earned cash.
I've played other forms of golf with the moving "beams" and it gives a very accurate representation of the extent of the slope as well as the staggered lines, so it's hardly "unplayable" in my opinion, as I'm managing to play it very nicely, thank you!
Online is virtually flawless, inspite of the obligatory "quitters" which seem to plague most games, with a lobby for instant match-ups and a name-based friend system. Graphically, it's tolerable and functional, as we have come to expect from this series on this format. There is plenty to do here to complete every challenge and unlock everything and you can trim that down if you wish to only play one round instead of four in your career settings.
If you've played golf games like Mario Golf or more recently Pangya on this system, then it should all be pretty much second nature to you here. Sorry if this upsets those who find they can't persist with the putting mechanics but I really can't see it being a major problem until the really hard pin placements are your only choice left to conquer. By the time you're ready for those, you'll have pretty much mastered the system anyway...so don't be put off, stick with it and enjoy!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Overly complicated and long winded start to game - I prefer get on it and go - the tutorials spoiled it for me - ended up going to Wii sports resort golf!!Published 5 months ago by DJhoodster