on 2 March 2011
This may be great for projectors, but I think it's really dishonest to market it as a laptop stand.

Firstly, it's too small for many laptops, and the lip around the top means it's not practical to simply let your laptop overhang a little.

Secondly, even if your laptop does fit, the same lip makes it difficult to connect cables to any ports on the sides (or the front) of your laptop. Or to insert or eject CDs.

Finally, the tilt doesn't lock in position, so leaning too heavily on the keyboard could cause it to swivel - and send your laptop crashing to the floor.

If you have a projector, it may be suitable. But if you have a laptop, consider a Stagg COS10, Roland SS-PC1 or Kamstands KL-2 instead...
on 7 December 2010
This is a great stand. The construction is good using about 1" tubular steel coated in black. The tripod is firm and the top plate is held very secure by a simple turn screw. The top plate holds my projector well, though there is no retaining strap - it would not be difficult for a user to fit one.

The stand was delivered next day - excellent service for an excellent product.
on 13 September 2015
Very good product.
Will only use it for a Projector; will not bother using for laptop.
1) Packaged in an attractive looking box; component parts separately packaged in wrapped cellophane bags. Great. But would have been even greater if there was a short How To one pager.
Not really an issue if the parts were easy to put together.
2) Sturdy steely parts. Inserting inner tube took seconds. Great.
3) Attempted to finalise assembly by placing top tray onto receptacle. Problem. The bolt was restricting the slots. Tried removing bolt and it seemed to have been soldered on. Not great.
Scratched my head.
Obviously the product design team and the production line do not appear to have communicated with each other.
Mind you, I'm fairly good with DIY and assembling things but this was a trick one.
4) Went back onto Amazon to look at photos of the product and it was apparent that the bolt had to come out but it wouldn't budge.
5) So I read various reviews and saw the comment by someone advising that you'd need a hammer. Happy days. Thanks to reviewers.
6) Went to get hammer from tool box and, hey presto, one gentle tap, and out pops the bolt. Took less than 10 seconds to complete assembly from that point. Yipee.

7) Another design issue.
Users can actually use the tray back to front or front to back.
The back to front has a shorter elevation. You don't get a flat tray, the best you get is a gradient. Remove the bolt and remove the top tray. Replace it the opposite direction of the one you just used, replace bolt, adjust the level and tighten securing screw.
You get a perfect flat surface. Even try it with a spirit level and happy days.
on 24 October 2011
This stand is sturdy and stable. We have used it in our church for some weeks now, and it does the job. The only thing that is missing is a means to secure the projector to the stand. We have not bothered with this, but with a little ingenuity with a luggage strap this could be achieved. Then if someone tripped over the cable to the projector, they would have to work a bit harder to pull the whole thing over instead of only dragging the projector off the stand on it's own.
I agree that the support tray is not wide enough for any but the smallest laptops.
Overall a very useful price of kit well worth the money for a projector, but not much good for a laptop.
on 18 May 2012
I bought this to use with a video projector. As a finished, assembled unit, it's solid and reliable and I'd recommend it to anyone.

Be aware, though, that it comes in three parts, and without assembly instructions.

Piecing together the telescopic central column is easy. Attaching the top isn't nearly as intuitive.

After contacting the retailer, I was told that they didn't provide instructions for this stand, and I should refer to the product photo online for guidance -
crazy considering that the photos are small, and hardly show the underside of the tray at all.

A big part of my problem in figuring out what went where was the fact it's an incredibly tight fit, and the 'pegs' that slot into runners to provide a pivoting neck are too wide for the job. In short, some serious force was required to get everything in place, making me worry that I was either doing the wrong thing entirely or risked damaging the stand in the process.

All done, however, the unit does its job well.
on 26 May 2014
These are great to hold my projectors for rear and front projection. They held the projectors well and i wasnt worried that they would fall. They look professional! These is also a red line on the pole to show the maximum hight these stand go to. I found this very useful. I bough two of this product. A great seller to work with. Would use again. All these reasons I give it 5 stars.

Just a few tips, the higher you go with the stand, it might start to wobble a little, only ever so slightly, but i may resonsible for that because it was a big heavy projector. And if you use this for bigger, more installation type projectors, it may be too heavy for the actuall stand plate where the projector will sit. Saying that, it held a 7.5kg projector, but that would be the absolute limit for this projector stand (even though it held if for an entire day at an event) but for all portable, light projectors, this is the PERFECT product.

This product is more suited for a projector instead of a laptop.

Great product,, great seller, would use again! Thank you!
on 3 May 2015
This was dispatched late with no assembly instructions whatsoever in the box which was unhelpful and very disappointing as it wasted my time trying to figure out if I had assembled it right. Even if you are accustomed to assembling these kinds of stands then it still takes a good bit of your time to work out how it fits together and if it's right.

Also disappointing is the lack of adjustability in both the minimum height of the stand and also the angles of the slanted top itself - it's minimum height is about 70cm and it cannot go lower than that so it's not as flexible as it makes out to be. And to be called a "projector" stand is a little naughty because the slanted top it doesn't have a 180 degree rotation range - only about 90 degrees from the vertical to the horizontal so it's not giving much flexibility options specific for a projector and it hasn't got outer fencing/edging totally surrounding the base (there is a 25cm gap) which is a little bit strange to me...it looks like a lectern to be honest and it functions as such.

As a laptop stand I would be disappointed by the restriction in adjusting the minimum height but it is good that the top can be adjusted up from minimum 70cm to maybe about 1m 30cm. It can take a laptop with a 15.6 inch screen at most.

Overall i bought this thinking it would give great flexibility and i was a little disappointed.
on 10 March 2012
I wanted a sturdy, reliable stand to support an Allen & Heath Zed10FX mixer for live use - I was really pleased when I unpacked the unit - the platform fits this mixer REALLY neatly and the whole thing is definitely sturdy. The whole unit with its chunky tubing and black 'satin' finish looks smart too.

There are no instructions for assembly but it's fairly obvious. Pop one pole inside the top of the other. Then you have to slacken and slide out a bolt using the plastic handle to attach the platform (you'll know when you see it). You then attach the platform by guiding the pins through the groove/cutout on the top of the unit (it's dead obvious when you see it)- and then slide the bolt back through and tighten up. Easy! (If I can do it, it's EASY, trust me). 1 minute job.

At this price I don't think you'll find a better stand. The platform might be a bit small for some laptops - so check those dimensions first, but for my little mixer...it's SPOT-ON!!!

(P.S. The price and customer service from DJM Music were great)
on 6 February 2015
This is better than I thought. The tripod part is just the same as their music stands, not the fold away ones, but the big stands that have plates on to hold the music. The top is secured by a single bolt that screws tight to hold the projector in place. The tilting mechanism is simple but does the job. As others have said the top does not go fully flat, but that shouldn't be a problem for a laptop or projector.

As for the size, My 17" MacBook Pro fits on the top. Plugging devices into the side would be tight, but again, I think this is ok.
It will have no problems with my projector and I feel very confident that it will not collapse or any other nightmare scenario. In fact, I'm not confident of this as they make music stands (I own one of those as well) and know how well they hold up to the abuse that they can get from being loaded up with a days worth of music and having to cope with attached lights and mute stands (devices that clamp onto the pole so to hold trumpet mutes in my case)
on 24 August 2015
Solid and easy to put together.It arrived well packaged and suits the intended use perfectly. The tray itself has inner padded upturned edges for protection and to stop anything sliding off it or bashing into the metal tray itself.
It has two movable parts (legs and tray) so not much can go wrong with it. \
I've used it behind my bed for my DLP projector. I was able to adjust the footprint of of the three legs by retracting them upward slightly so I didn't have to make a huge gap between the back of my headboard and the wall. Normal living or office use won't have that issue, but it's nice to know it can be configured for custom usage situations.

An uncomplicated 5 star review!