on 20 November 2013
It's made well enough, comfortable to sit on and looks OK and while the max height setting is fine for most adults, the height range information is NOT as described. The actual range is from 37.5 cm to 52.5 cm, which effectively means that there's very little practical adjustment as anything other than the highest setting is pretty well useless for most people. Who would need a stool a little more than a foot high at it's lowest setting? Maybe all those 8 ft tall piano playing goiter giants out there.
Personally, I wanted something adjustable in a sensible range to 57 cm (which I thought I was buying) that would cater for our 3 small children.
11 Comment| 43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 September 2010
I am a pianist, and I'm very picky on stools, so I felt a bit cautious when I bought this online, but on the other hand I couldn't afford a very expensive one to go with my digital piano. I was very impressed when I got it home. It is extremely easy to assemble, and very comfortable and sturdy! Excellent product in my opinion.
on 12 March 2011
This was an excellent purchase. It was good value and is assembled and adjusted in seconds. It is a very sturdy & stable stool & you could pay a lot more for an inferior item. The only potential shortcoming for some people might be that at 24cm wide the seat might be a bit narrow.
on 27 September 2011
this item arrived very quickly and is worth every penny as mentioned in earlier reviews the prices of some of the competition are scandalous would definatley reccomend this to anyone.
on 6 November 2009
This is a fantastic keyboard bench. It is great value for money, sturdy, comfortable, easy to assemble and adjust, easy to store and goes well with the Tiger Keyboard Stand that I also bought. Highly rated item!
on 25 September 2014
Comes in two parts - the X frame and the padded bench. Underneath the bench are two metal rails with a set of holes and the top of the X-frame has four spring-loaded bolts. Each bolt has a fairly large and easy to grip handle. To assemble I placed the bench on the floor upside down, held back the two bolts on one side of the X and slotted it between the rails so the bolts could spring back into place. The n I held back the bolts on the other side of the X and dropped that into place. I made sure the bench was balanced by counting the holes on each side in from the edge. Although spring loaded the bolts aren't difficult to pull back, so setting or adjusting the height is easy. Once you are happy the handle on each bolt can be screwed down with a fewf finger turns. May sound complicated but it only takes a couple of minutes. Easily takes my weight of 90 kg and feels very stable. The bench is comfortable without being too soft.
on 3 January 2012
I bought the 'Bench' to use when playing the electric guitar and adjusting the amplifier which previously involved bending over the amp and remembering to restrain the guitar from crashing into the amp.

Something that the guitar seemed to want to do the more I sipped a pint!

Anyway, the 'Bench' has proved to be just the ticket! Wish I'd bought it years ago!

And it's adjustable for height, and strong enough to support larger framed people, like me!

Also it's very economically priced!

Recommended.

Lance
on 5 December 2013
The dimension details listed on the website are inaccurate. This stool is far too low, even when adjusted to its top height for an adult to use to play a keyboard. Time wasted ordering another product, and returning this one in accordance with your returns procedure. Very dissatisfied.
on 16 September 2011
I purchased this bench seat yesterday and was shocked when it arrived today. Fantastic speedy delivery. The bench comes well packaged and is in 2 parts, you simply attach the seat to the frame by pulling back the spring loaded screw things and choose which holes you want to put them in as there are various holes to put them in to alter the height of the seat in literally seconds.
What a bargain price, it's comfortable too and my 13 year old son (who is the height/size of a man)is delighted with it. He's used it to sit on to play his guitars and gets the perfect height for his Yamaha keyboard, he likes it that much that he doesn't want a different chair for his computer desk, he wants to use this which is great as it saves space in his bedroom. This could also quite easily be used as temporary seating when those extra visitors come as its sturdy and well balanced, even for my backside (which is saying something...lol)
Well done DJM MUSIC for the excellent service and quality item!

Would def recommend this seller.
on 24 April 2017
I don't know if this item is supposed to be supplied assembled, or needed to be assembled. If it needed to be assembled, there were no instructions how to do so. When I unpacked it, I found that the hollow metal bars that attach to the seat pad were dangling by one screw, and some (not all) the other screws were rattling around lose inside those bars. When I managed to get them out, I found that the screw threads were encased in wood, or whatever the base of the seat pad is made of -- my guess is that the bars had been forcibly wrenched out of the pad at some point. So even with the screws replaced (the ones that were actually supplied), they would not hold properly, because the holes in the seat pad had been stripped.

So to finish assembling the seat I had to find some proper screws in my shed, that were larger than the supplied ones, so they would seat properly in the original holes.

In addition, there were signs of wear on the leather-type seat material. Not catastrophically bad, but enough to give it a second-hand look. To add insult to injury, I didn't get the next-day delivery of which I was assured.

Other people seem to have received satisfactory units, so I assume that I was just unlucky, and got the one that was assembled at 4.55 pm on Friday afternoon.

Having fixed the problems with the seat, and leaving aside its slightly worn look, it seems to work OK. The height is adjustable to a position that suits me, and its seems so far to be sturdy when sat on. Given the way that the metal parts are attached to the seat pad, I don't think I'd want to rock about on it too much.

In short, had the seat been functional as delivered, and not in need to remedial assembly work, I probably would rate it as OK for the price. But the purchasing experience was a very disappointing one all round, and I won't be buying anything else from this supplier.