Thumb Culture: The Meaning of Mobile Phones for Society Paperback – 1 Oct 2005
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Mobile communication has an increasing impact on people's lives and society. Ubiquitous media influence the way users relate to their surroundings, and data services like text and pictures lead to a culture shaped by thumbs. Representing several years of research into the social and cultural effects of mobile phone use, this volume assembles fascinating approaches and new insights of leading scientists and practitioners. It contains the results of a first international survey on the social consequences of mobile phones and provides a comprehensive inventory of today's issues and an outlook in mobile media, society, and their future study.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computing & Internet > Networking & Security > Network Topics
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Electronics & Communications Engineering > Telecommunications
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Popular Maths
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Electronics & Telecommunications Engineering
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Anthropology > Social & Cultural
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Communication Studies > Media Studies
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Cultural Studies