on 24 May 2014
Thule have created a well designed and practical rucksack. It has an array of useful pockets, particularly in the middle pouch with its waterproof compartment (great for a passport), zipped up mesh pouch (can see what's inside), stash pocket, mobile holder, pen holders and another stash pocket. It allows effective organisation of you things so you can find them in a timely manner. The front compartment is perfect for an umbrella, the sunglasses stash box is a stroke of genius and the main compartment is spacious. The strap and back padding is good. The colouring is cool.

he attention to detail is demonstrated in the metal clips on the side which hook onto a loop so you can compress the bag; they've been designed with a diagonal gap for sliding over the loop which makes unhooking them a doddle (normally you can spend ages trying to line it up on other bags) yet it won't come loose whilst in motion. They are also very sturdy, and aren't likely to break any time soon!

The main issue is the MacBook protection as there's no bottom padding, only protecting it from front and back. This is fine for protecting in whilst in transit, but if like me you're prone to dropping your bag down when you reach your destination then you may have issues if the angle is such that your precious Mac goes clunk against the ground! Personally I use a protective Mac cover anyway so it's not a problem (I mean with an £1000 bit of kit the extra £30 on a cover isn't much), and MacBooks are pretty robust. Nevertheless it's worth bearing in mind.
on 10 March 2014
Almost perfect bag, great looks, Great brand

Not many people know about the quality of thule. My pickup truck has Thule roof rack and tow bar both highly regarded.

My only reason for 4 stars and not 5 is, When I slid my MBP into the bag while the bag was resting on the desk, my £1600 MBP had an almighty thud.

Easily fixed by bubble rap at the bottom of the laptop pocket.
Would still highly recommend this product even with the modification.

I like the multiple compartments and the soft area for sensitive things like sunglasses + mobile phones.

4/5

Steve
on 15 October 2014
great bag. good quality build. fits my laptop perfectly. I read in other reviews that there was no padding at the base of the laptop compartment but i can only assume this has been altered as mine seemed padded and fine. the front compartment is a little odd (zip down the middle, upright pocket inside) but it doesnt bother me. plenty of pockets and compartments to organise your luggage. side pockets hold bottles well. padding is adequate.
Ive carried my laptop, ps4, controller, ps vita, external hard drive, document folder and other small misc items and the bag has dealt with it very well.
it looks nice too :)
on 6 October 2014
Great Bag & loved so much i bought another for my son. The sun glass holder & phone holder at top are great & very handy.
Fits my 13" Laptop very well & it does have some cushioning at the bottom to stop laptop hitting a hard surface but could do with bigger padding.
on 28 January 2014
I had this backpack for about 6 weeks before I was robbed in London (long story lol)

What I liked about it:
Laptop compartment is well protected. Compression straps are a great feature. The design is lovely. Main compartment is an Ok size. Straps ok but could feel a little more robust/chunky.

Why my new Ogio Gambit is so much better:
The extra pockets on this Thule are RUUUUBBISH. The side pockets fit barely anything in them. And the front pocket has an awkward vertical zipper which makes it frustrating to use. And even then you can only fit flat things in it. There's nothing much in the way of organisational space with this bag either. No secret slots, or pen holders or anything.

Spend the £80 odd on the Ogio Gambit 17 - It has everything this has + 100 more. I can fit nearly twice as much stuff in, tonnes of organising capacity, Laptop fully protected.

This bag is lovely, but for the price you can get WAAAY better :)
on 1 April 2014
This Backpack is really a great laptopbag for the most demanding customers!!!.It is beautifull,waterproof and has a lot of space with many pockets.For the price, i think it is the best option.
on 28 March 2014
It is nicely made and very practical, with useful pockets inside.
You can put macbook pro inside, with all the cables needed, and you'll still have plenty room inside for other things.
on 30 May 2015
By far the best backpack i ever had!
very good quality lots of space good fit I love it
I am actually thinking of buying one more!
on 28 February 2014
Exactly what was expected :)

It looks like it will serve me well in the next years.
My 8 year old wants one ... :)
on 29 March 2014
Best bag I've ever owned well worth the money, i use it for college and it works brilliantly nothing bad to say