- Platform: Windows XP / Vista
- PEGI Rating: Unknown
- Media: Personal Computers
- Item Quantity: 1
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE UK delivery
+ FREE UK delivery
Thrustmaster Replica U.S Air Force MFD Cougar Flight Panel Duo Pack (PC)
- The ideal companion for all joysticks and yokes
- From the creator of the HOTAS Cougar and T.16000M joysticks
- 20 buttons + 4 switches per MFD = 48 programmable controls in total
- Forget about your keyboard and take control with real flight instruments for even greater realism
- 2 programmable LEDs per MFD, to identify the MFD during programming
- Backlighting for buttons with adjustable intensity
- Multi-position, weighted, non-slip and detachable base
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Style Name: MFD Cougar Flight Panel Duo Pack
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Thrustmaster MFD COUGAR DUO PACK 2960708 THRUSTMASTER
Pack of 2 multifunctional "USB Cockpit Panels", replicas of the U.S. Air Force F-16 MFD*
For diehard flight simulation fans, Thrustmaster is proud to offer a pack of 2 MFD Cougar modules, taking users another big step towards total immersion in flight sim games. The ideal companions for joysticks and yokes on the market, the MFD Cougar Pack lets virtual pilots enjoy more realistic flight conditions than ever before.
The MFD Cougar is a panel of buttons and switches onto which the user can program their choice of functions for any given game. This revolutionary device therefore provides shortcuts which are far more practical and intuitive than the standard method of using a keyboard and mouse for various actions in games.
The MFD Cougar modules from Thrustmaster are replicas of those found onboard the legendary U.S. Air Force F-16 jet fighter aircraft. They are compatible with all military or civil flight simulation games supporting multi-USB.
Each of the 2 MFD modules in the pack features 20 buttons and 4 switches, for a total of 56 programmable controls! 2 programmable LEDs per MFD facilitate identification, in particular during programming phases. The programming interface can even accommodate up to 8 MFD modules at the same time. Finally, each MFD module features an internal memory, which saves all of your settings and preferences… even when used on a different computer.
Versatile, high-performance design!
The MFD modules feature a multi-position base, allowing users to adjust them to the perfect viewing angle. They are also weighted and equipped with non-slip grips for complete stability when using the controls. Both MFD modules are also detachable from their base: users can therefore attach them to a monitor if they wish, or to the inside of a simulated cockpit…
The buttons are backlit and feature adjustable intensity (via the software or manually), allowing users to adapt the backlighting level to their preferred conditions and gaming environments.
The installation CD contains plug-ins which instantly configure both MFD modules for the Microsoft games "Flight Simulator 2004" and "Flight Simulator X", with a choice of 3 presets: Generic/Light Aviation/Airliner: each control on the MFDs will be preconfigured for these games.
Each MFD module comes equipped with Plexiglas windows, between which the user can insert one of the 10 preprinted cardboard cutouts included in the pack. The different presets for Microsoft Flight Simulator X are indicated on the cutouts, and blank cutouts are also included for customization with any other game.
- The ideal companion for all joysticks and yokes:
- Compatible with all flight simulation games (military or civil) supporting multi-USB.
- CD included with Plug & Play presets for "Microsoft Flight Simulator X" and "Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004". (Your choice of 3 presets: Generic / Light Aviation / Airliner)
- Forget about your keyboard and take control with real flight instruments for even greater realism!
- 20 buttons + 4 switches per MFD = 48 programmable controls in total!
- Backlighting for buttons with adjustable intensity (via the software or manually).
- 2 programmable LEDs per MFD, to identify the MFD during programming.
- From the creator of the HOTAS Cougar and T.16000M joysticks!
- * Multi-Function Display
- Multi-position, weighted, non-slip and detachable base.
- 2 Plexiglas windows per MFD to insert one of the 3 pre-printed cardboard layouts with presets for "Microsoft® Flight Simulator X" (each cardboard layout corresponds to one of your choice of 3 presets: Generic / Light Aviation / Airliner).
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
However as an initial review after a few hours use I can find little to complain about the pedals themselves.
The pedals have an RSJ 12 Connector for connecting directly to the Thrustmaster T HOTAS 4 along with an RSJ 12 to USB adapter to enable you to connect directly to PC via USB should you want to mix and match to a HOTAS system of your choice.
I am currently using this with a 3 year old Saitek X52 Pro HOTAS with no problems in Elite Dangerous.
First thing to say is that this is the third set of rudder pedals that I have owned. I initially started with a set of Simped rudder pedals which while robust, were too wide for my liking. This was follows with the Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals which lasted me for 3 and a half years until one of the toe break spring mountings gave way with no warning.
Initial impressions of the Thrustmaster pedals are very favorable. Whereas both the Simped and the Saitek pedals needed to be secured somewhat to the floor with the latter secured through Velcro strips on my carpet, the Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals are stable enough on carpet due to the lack of resistance on the pedal sliders with no need for worry about finding a way to secure them further.
The individual pedals each ride on a pair of aluminium rails. Thrustmaster have named the system S.M.A.R.T, Sliding Motion Advanced Rail Tracks. There is just enough resistance for you to gauge the pedal position, without having to worry about the pedals moving on the floor.Read more ›
things I like:
- superb level of accuracy and control on the stick, it feels like my input has a direct relationship with the movement of the ship whereas with the T.Flight it felt like the movement was lagging behind the input
- the stick is very sensitive but not too much. Whereas the T.Flight had a noticeable physical deadzone the deadzone on the T.16000M is probably perfect - so tiny that it allows you to set an in-game deadzone to suit personal preference
- the stick feels solid with good build quality (exception is a slightly sharp seam on the joins of the palm rest but I'm nitpicking). The throttle doesn't have quite the same feel but there's nothing wrong with it either
- the throttle movement feels fine (seems to be a lot of differing experiences here) after I loosened the tension screw quite a bit. There is still a very small amount of sticking but not enough to bother me and it helps to apply downwards pressure
- the mini-stick is super-sensitive - you only have to breath on it and it moves. This could be both a pro and a con. I found that if I pushed it to the left and then let go it would not centre perfectly and the ship would continue sideways at 1-2m/s. Fixed by setting a small deadzone in-game. Note that you should install the TWCS-specific drivers which provides a Windows control panel where you can enable/disable the physical centre deadzone
- both the throttle and especially the stick grip to the surface nicely even though my desk has a somewhat slippery surface. The throttle could do with a little more weight
things I'm not so keen on:
- the stick offers a fair amount of resistance.Read more ›
I bought this to use with my Thrusmaster Warthog Hotas Stick and Throttle and the DCS World Flight Sim.
These are excellent great feel and accurate, very smooth motion.and travel with good quality feel to the unit.
Flying with these make It quite simple to control swing on takeoff even without rudder trim dialed in on the P-51 and also makes it natural to sideslip and use crosswind crab and wing down techniques during approaches.
Cons: bit too easy to find that your inadvertently applying rudder a stronger center intent feel would maybe help feel the natural center while you are busy, typically during landing and pattern work but in a short amount of time you soon get used to it.
Some others here have stated that the description is incorrect in that the MFD buttons are not fully programmable, but this is incorrect - they are both easily assignable in-game and are fully programmable in all the usual ways, including using scripts. This is possible by using Thrustmaster's own TARGET software, which can be downloaded from their website, along with templates for making your own label cards.
Not only do Thrustmaster provide this fantastic programming software, they also provide a comprehensive guide on how to write scripts for it, in pdf form. People should really check these things before they make statements in reviews that may sway people's decision on whether to buy.
I really like the fact that the lighting on the buttons can be dimmed to the user's taste, and that the identifier LEDs, which are very bright, can be switched off.
This item is worth every penny, imho, and comes with a 2 year warranty.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Poorly packaged this joystick turned up and it felt like it had already been used. I'm not 100% sure if it was all there. Read morePublished 5 hours ago by David A. Nash
Wonderful Hotas, one of th best out there. You won't know the true value of games such as Elite and Star citizen until you play with one of these. Highly recommended.Published 1 day ago by Kosar
I've been using a cyborg gold joystick for over 10 years, this review is based on my comparison to that.
Easy to change to left handed and back if needed. Read more
Wonderful HOTAS to replace aging X52. Gets plenty of use playing Elite Dangerous and seems to be very well made.Published 12 days ago by Richard Lane
So far so good, (2 months old), after setting up with online help. Took some getting used to after the Saitek X52 pro, which after 4 of that didn't make 12 months without some... Read morePublished 13 days ago by Agro Fourbeer
Got this for a replacement for an old Thrustmaster HOTAS. Not a bad set of equipment but I found it less comfortable to use because:
1. Read more
Review for the
Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Hotas
Excellent throttle unit and good joystick. Read more
After a week of use I am happy to report this is easily the best HOTAS I have come across especially at this price point. The actual stick has no deadzone. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Mookie
Kinda goofy colour scheme but otherwise 0 problems with it. The runners on the throttle are easy to get to so if they get sticky at all some silicon grease is easily applied. Read morePublished 1 month ago by WaveyDL