Customer reviews

on 17 August 2013
Katrina Jack continues to develop her fantasy in an exciting and page turning style. I instantly picked up with the characters I had become involved with in the first book and thoroughly enjoyed the read. There are a lot of fantasies out there but this is something original and a bit special!
on 12 December 2016
We join Jeremiah and the gang, 6 months after the ending of Land Of Midnight Days and Jeremiah and Helen are in the land of the Elwyn but the time has come for them to return to the "real" world as their battle has not ended but only just begun.

I found I still loved all the characters throughout this book, in particular Jeremiah. Joe and the Monk. The Monk is a new character to the story but made a huge impression on me and I thought he was incredibly interesting. We also meet the Abbot in this book and he is an incredibly hateful but intriguing character as you can't help but thinking there's more to him than meets the eye. Sylvan (Jeremiah's mum) shows a lot of character growth in this book and I definitely started to feel a little warmer towards her. Zeb is his usual boorish self and I still cannot find anything to make me like him any more. He rushes into situations and causes more problems than necessary.

We see a lot more of Jeremiah's power of "seeing" peoples memories in Through The Gloaming which was really well used and made flash backs and explanations a lot more immersive as you were experiencing them the same as Jeremiah was. I'd like to see if Jeremiah has even more powers going into the next and final book.

I thoroughly enjoyed Through The Gloaming and my only real complaint is that these books just aren't long enough, I want more of this world and for everything to take longer so I can still be on this journey instead of only having one book left to read!
on 21 February 2017
Wonderful, wonderful book.

I haven't read the first one in this trilogy but the way Katrina Jack has written this one I didn't feel lost as to what was going on. Utterly captivating, it keeps you turning the pages.

Join Jeremiah, his brother Zeb and their friends Helen and Joe as they engage on a quest that takes them Through The Gloaming to the gates of The Midnight Lands. With danger seemingly at every corner they face each threat head on but what makes Jeremiah different than other protagonists is the fact that he is scared but swallows his fear, pushes through in order to continue in his task not brashly rushing forward with a cocky attitude.

Loved reading this and I recommend that you read it too. Now I'm off to get the 3rd one
on 11 July 2014
I was fortunate enough to win a copy of this, the sequel to Land of Midnight Days. Once more we meet Jeremiah Tully, the mute flute player and continue his exploits in a Dystopian future. This is just as well written and involving as the first book and we see the characters change and develop as they meet with fresh and disturbing adventures. Some sequels fail to live up to the promise of the first book, this does not.
on 21 November 2014
Katrina Jack has great talent in developing her fantasy in thrilling way, and definitely a page turning style. Her characters were well developed and the storyline is interesting and I enjoyed her book very much.
Pattimari Sheets Cacciolfi, therapist, author and VP of PnPAuthors