on 10 March 2014
Unlike the other one star review - I did persevere to the end - though I did speed read it so, yes, you can get through it in a couple of hours. A fairly interesting premise but the characters were quite superficial and the writing style I thought was rather juvenile. The heroine, Elizabeth, was extremely irritating and I couldn't get the image of Amy as a big chested, empty headed Barbie out of my head. It was a bit like watching a hammy movie where the acting's really cheesy. Glad I didn't have to pay for it as would have felt more cheated that the hours I wasted actually reading it. It has put me off reading futher books by this author.
on 4 April 2016
I have to say as long as you don't over think anything then this book is easy reading.
Having said that the characters are very superficial and the story is fairly obvious.
If you have nothing better to read or are on vacation and do not want to think to hard then it may be worth a try.
on 6 July 2014
I was a bit underwhelmed - the heroine, Elizabeth was not likeable at all. I hated the hunting parts (that's my personal issue though not a criticism of the book) but I liked the supporting characters
on 6 December 2016
The plot is reasonably good, and an enjoyable read if you don't look too closely. Unfortunately, the characters are a bit simple, there are some continuity errors, and there isn't any twist, the killer is obvious from the first scene. With a bit of work, it's could be a really great book.
on 28 June 2014
This book was a great read a wonderful romance book the only reason why it didn't get the full 5 stars is the spelling and typo mistakes in the book characters names where in places that should of been someone else's and some sentences didn't make sense and I had to re read the sentence to make sense of it , but these did only happen a few times. So I was still able to read and understand and follow the story line.
However some chapters skipped to a few weeks ahead from the last but it's written to make you believe at first that it's the next morning etc.

Once the story line got going a little more I had a feeling I knew what was coming and in a way I was right however I did not expect it to be the way it was. I would say read the book but with warning this the typo mistakes are there however I was able to understand most of the characters
on 26 May 2014
Okay, I admit that saying I hated it was a little over-dramatic, because in all truth, it was actually a pretty good book. But what threw me was, I've gotta say, the beginning, where Elizabeth just jumps (albeit, DRUNKENLY jumps) into Joshua's bed after knowing him for, what, a couple of hours???? And the other thing was their agreement after said drunken bed jumping. I'm sorry, but it just seems so, so unrealistic, doesn't it??? But I still loved Joshua and Elizabeth - both great people with big hearts and likeable personalities!!!! Oh, and I loved Amy and Randy, too - they were so cute!!!!

Aside from that, however, the book was actually pretty good, and I recommend it strongly to someone who does not over-think things as much as I do. But hey, what do I know? I may be an author, but, guys, I'm twelve. So thanks for listening, I guess.
XOXO, Benji. ;-)
on 2 October 2014
The three Year Rule is a little different from the run of the mill titles in this genre in that it actually has an intelligent storyline. The characters are a bit stereo typed but it was the mechanics of the relationship which got me hooked. If you are looking for something a little different this is the one.
on 30 September 2014
I like the premise behind this story and felt the book lived up to its blurb. The story is well paced and has some interesting characters whilst I liked the way the characters were developed. I found some racing scenes were really well written. I will definitely be looking at the other books in this series.
on 8 December 2013
The storyline/synopsis is good. Good storytelling, too! and the grammar is good.

The "3 year rule theory" however... you can scrap most of it. I very nearly didn't read any further than that talk she gives. (and you repeat the theory at the interview) I glossed over pages of this to get to the action. it's unnecessary.

There were discrepancies in the timeline as well.

But it's a good story. the characters are very likeable. keep working on it!
on 18 June 2014
Elizabeth has a somewhat blinkered view and relationships are black and white. She is therefore mixed up by Joshua bowling her over - should she practice what she preaches or close the book and re-think her advice to others. A twist in the tale, which doesn't seem to fit in with the rest of the story.