- Performer: José Carreras, Plácido Domingo, Luciano Pavarotti
- Orchestra: Los Angeles Philharmonic Orchestra, Los Angeles Music Center Opera Chorus
- Conductor: Zubin Mehta
- Composer: Jules Massenet, Federico Moreno Torroba, Richard Rodgers, Augustin Lara
- Audio CD (29 Aug. 1994)
- SPARS Code: DDD
- Number of Discs: 1
- Label: Teldec
- ASIN: B000025NZ7
- Other Editions: Audio CD | Audio Cassette | Vinyl | VHS Tape | DVD | HD DVD
- Average Customer Review: 4.7 out of 5 stars See all reviews (50 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 92,963 in CDs & Vinyl (See Top 100 in CDs & Vinyl)
The Three Tenors (1994)
|Price:||£2.99 & FREE UK Delivery on orders dispatched by Amazon over £20. Delivery Details|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
José Carreras - Placido Domingo - Luciano Pavarotti With Zubin Mehta: The 3 Tenors In Concert 1994 CD - Teldec Classics 4509-96200-2
It's not opera; it's not a pop concert; it's not Broadway. It's all of these and none of them. Once you accept the fact that this sequel to the original blockbuster concert recording is less about music and more about entertainment and the power of musical personalities, you can appreciate what you're hearing as an event--phenomenal and bizarre, momentous and frivolous. This is an occasion to celebrate the voices and egos of three huge superstars and to have fun listening as Luciano Pavarotti, Plácido Domingo and José Carreras interact, bouncing lines off each other and playing to the overwhelmingly enthusiastic audience. Much of the fun and flavour of the concert is dependent on seeing the action, though, and without the visuals you notice flaws in the singing much more. Domingo comes off as the more solid performer and his voice is in far better shape than the other two. But if you crave big, high and loud--and you don't take your opera too seriously--you'll love this disc. --David Vernier
Top customer reviews
One cannot complete this review without a special mention of the orchestra and chorus - their timing and passion throughout the performance was superb.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
The cd which I lost was a far better recording