Three Negro Classics: "Up from Slavery" by Booker T.Washington, "The Souls of Black Folk" by W.E.B.Du Bois, "An Autobiography of an Ex-colored Man" by James Weldon Johnson Mass Market Paperback – 1 Jul 1999
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
James Weldon Johnson (1871-1938) was a prominent author, lawyer, educator, diplomat, and early civil rights leader. He was also the author of The Autobiography of an Ex-Colored Man, originally published anonymously. In 1900 he wrote the lyrics and his brother, Rosamond, composed the music for "Lift Every Voice and Sing," which is still widely sung today and has come to be known as the official African American National Anthem.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is a great read. I have nothing bad to say about this at all.
I would recommend to anyone.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > Historical > 1901 Onwards
- Books > Biography > Historical > Social & Urban History
- Books > Biography > Historical > United States
- Books > Biography > Social & Health Issues > Cultural History
- Books > Fiction > Classics
- Books > History > Cultural History
- Books > History > North America
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Multicultural Studies > Black Studies
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Sociology