- Format: Kindle Edition
- File Size: 983 KB
- Print Length: 379 pages
- Sold by: Amazon Media EU S.à r.l.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B0073KRI1E
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #2,163,026 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
|Print List Price:||£7.50|
Save £3.50 (47%)
The Three Fifths Fugitive Kindle Edition
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta) (May include reviews from Early Reviewer Rewards Program)
Conversely, most action adventure novels speed along, thrill-a-minute, then suddenly end - as though the publisher's schedule trumped the author's so the book abruptly cuts the reader loose. This author, much to my approval, provided a very complete ending, tying up all the loose ends and creating a very affecting conclusion.
While I applaud the author's efforts, there was also a sense that a real attempt was made to utilize a wider vocabulary than he actually possessed. Many very good words were used in ways that just didn't quite work.
The entire book didn't quite gel for me for these and other reasons. I give it a C+/B- as a very good effort. Evidently Nathan Williams has really worked to improve this novel, and it's likely that the changes he's made were appropriate and beneficial. What is really missing is the help that a truly professional & experienced fiction editor would have provided. In this era of self-published fiction, that is all too often the step that is missed in the process.
However, I finally gave up after reading only about 20% of the book.
I found it too detailed with computers, financial, stock trading stuff that probably readers other than myself had trouble following. I found myself skipping over several pages at a time from sheer confusion.
Also, did anyone else notice that everyone dressed in black and earth-tones? There was no color anywhere.
A somber read- you have to be very knowledgeable of the subjects in order to get through it.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Crime, Thrillers & Mystery > Mystery
- Books > Fiction > Adventure Stories & Action
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Crime, Thriller & Mystery > Mystery
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Crime, Thrillers & Mystery > Crime
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Crime, Thrillers & Mystery > Mystery
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Crime, Thrillers & Mystery > Thriller