Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.

• Apple
  • Android
  • Windows Phone
  • Android

To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.

Kindle Price: £4.99
includes VAT*
* Unlike print books, digital books are subject to VAT.

These promotions will be applied to this item:

Some promotions may be combined; others are not eligible to be combined with other offers. For details, please see the Terms & Conditions associated with these promotions.

Deliver to your Kindle or other device

Deliver to your Kindle or other device

By a Thread (Elemental Assassin Book 6) by [Estep, Jennifer]
Kindle App Ad

By a Thread (Elemental Assassin Book 6) Kindle Edition

4.3 out of 5 stars 10 customer reviews
Book 6 of 15 in Elemental Assassin (15 Book Series)

See all 6 formats and editions Hide other formats and editions
Amazon Price
New from Used from
Kindle Edition
"Please retry"
£4.99

Length: 388 pages Word Wise: Enabled Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled
Page Flip: Enabled

Kindle Daily Deal
Kindle Daily Deals: Books from 99p
Sign-up to the Kindle Daily Deal email newsletter to discover daily deals from 99p.

Complete Series
Get a £1 reward for movies or TV
Enjoy a £1.00 reward to spend on movies or TV on Amazon Video when you purchase any Amazon Kindle Book from the Kindle Store (excluding Kindle Unlimited, Periodicals and free Kindle Books) offered by Amazon.co.uk. A maximum of 1 reward per customer applies. UK customers only. Offer ends at 23:59 on Wednesday, September 27, 2017. Terms and conditions apply

Product description

Review

"This series kicked off with a bang, and the action hasn't let up since." --Fresh Fiction

This series kicked off with a bang, and the action hasn t let up since. Fresh Fiction"

Gin Blanco is one of the most intriguing heroines on the scene. . . . If you have not gotten on the Gin bandwagon yet, do so today! RT Book Reviews"

"Gin Blanco is one of the most intriguing heroines on the scene. . . . If you have not gotten on the Gin bandwagon yet, do so today!" --RT Book Reviews

About the Author

Jennifer Estep is a USA TODAY bestselling author, prowling the streets of her imagination in search of her next fantasy idea. Spider's Bite, Web of Lies, Venom, Tangled Threads, and Spider's Revenge are the other books in her red-hot Elemental Assassin urban fantasy series. Jennifer also writes a young adult urban fantasy series and a paranormal romance series. For more on Jennifer and her books, visit her website at JenniferEstep.com.

Product details

• Format: Kindle Edition
  • File Size: 1932 KB
  • Print Length: 388 pages
  • Publisher: Pocket Books; Reissue edition (28 Feb. 2012)
  • Sold by: Amazon Media EU S.à r.l.
  • Language: English
  • ASIN: B0079S9SIQ
  • Text-to-Speech: Enabled
  • X-Ray:
  • Word Wise: Enabled
  • Screen Reader: Supported
  • Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled
  • Average Customer Review: 4.3 out of 5 stars 10 customer reviews
  • Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #228,252 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
  • Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
    If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?

Customer Reviews

4.3 out of 5 stars
Share your thoughts with other customers

Top Customer Reviews

By Seren Ade HALL OF FAMETOP 500 REVIEWER on 28 Feb. 2012
Format: Kindle Edition Verified Purchase
After the final confrontation between assassin and revenger Gin Blanco and crime Mab Monroe at the end of Spider's Revenge, this story represents a bit of a change in direction for the Elemental Assassin series. The book opens shortly after Gin's defeat of Monroe and she has become somewhat notorious with her double identity becoming known. This has had an unfortunate effect, because a bit like gunslingers of old, Gin is now being targeted by wannabe assassins looking to make a name for themselves as well as Mab's former associates looking for revenge. She's getting pretty tired of all the killing - so when her friend Finn Lane suggests that she should take a holiday, Gin eventually agrees.

Gin and her recently rediscovered sister, police Detective Bria Coolidge, set off first (to Bria's former town), with Finn and Gin's boyfriend Owen Grayson intending to join them after business a day later. Inevitably, this turns into something of a busman's holiday. Gin and Bria soon discover that Bria's best friend, Callie, is being harassed and intimidated by thugs working for a local crime lord - a vampire with a penchant for elemental blood.

I'd been looking forward to this book and read it in one go this morning. It's enjoyable but occasionally a bit patchy. There are lots of relationship issues here for Gin: boyfriend, sister, other people in her sister's life who had been there during the time Gin hadn't; and these at times encroach on scenes where Gin needs to keep a cool, clear head. And the 'shock revelation' surrounding the identity of Callie's fiance might as well have been written in BIG NEON LETTERS at the outset of the book, it was that clearly signposted.
Read more ›
Comment 2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Yes No Sending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Report abuse
Format: Kindle Edition Verified Purchase
I really like the Elemental series I always look forward to a new book coming out. I have given a 5 star rating to all of the previous 5 books however this is not the case with By A Thread. I have to say that I was disappointed with it. In the last book Gin finally kills Mab Monroe and I was a little concerned where Ms Estep would now take the series as the big main story line had ended. Well it looks like I was right to be concerned. We have the same old story of Gin helping out a friend from being threatened by a bad guy. Bria is still mad at Gin for being an assassin and thinks that good old police work will save the day rather than Gin and her Silverstone knives when it never has before.

I found the story line to be predictable and boring, we didn't even have the excitement of the evil Mab Monroe to move the plot along. I also found Ms Estep's writing to keep repeating the story line which really annoyed me. This book is set in a different location as Gin goes away on vacation and I liked that aspect of the book. The usual characters all make an appearance as well as some new ones. Plus there is a blast from the past when Donovan Caine makes an appearance. Some of you may enjoy this but I could have done without because it was just rehashing old ground of Gin being a bad person because she kills people. Gin is a great character she is as hard as nails and I have enjoyed reading her but this book just did not live up to the ones before it so I will give By A Thread 3 stars.
Comment 2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Yes No Sending feedback...
Report abuse
Format: Mass Market Paperback Verified Purchase
It's been a couple of months since Gin finally killed Mab Monroe but her life isn't any easier, every Tom, Dick and Harry has their sights set on killing Gin for the street-cred alone. They all want to be the one who kills the Spider. It's gotten so bad that she can't even put the trash out at the Pork Pit without someone trying to kill her so for once she's going to follow her step-brother Finns advice and take a vacation.

Of course nothing is as easy as that for Gin. She's going with Bria to visit Bria's old friends and the town that she grew up in after their family was murdered by Mab Monroe. Gin is feeling very unsure of her relationship with Bria, the fact that Mab is dead should make things easier but they aren't. Bria seems to be holding in a lot of anger over being tortured by Mab and Gin thinks it's all her fault.

Seeing how happy Bria is when they are back in Blue Marsh visiting her friend Callie only makes the strain between them more obvious. Despite being a bit of a bitch to Callie when they first meet, Gin is the first to offer help when the local bad guy tries to intimidate and then threatens Callie into selling her restaurant. Just to shake things up, Gin's ex Donovan Caine is Callie's fiance.

When the bad guy sends some men to kill Gin and Bria, Gin kills them and she and Bria move out of the hotel they were staying in. Gin decides to kill Deke's, the Vampire bad guy who's been gunning for Callie and her restaurant. She knows that he can use elemental magic but she doesn't know if it's his own power or if he absorbs it when he feeds.

When she is caught and Deke's feeds off her, she fakes her own death to get away. When she finally gets back to the house she and Bria are staying at, she finds Jo-Jo and Sophia there.
Read more ›
Comment Was this review helpful to you? Yes No Sending feedback...
Report abuse
Format: Kindle Edition
Jennifer Estep just keeps delivering action-filled stories in her Elemental series which keeps me on the edge of my seat and my eyes glued to the pages. I just can't get enough of the familiar cast of characters nor the plots unraveled. What also becomes a recurring issue is the rehashing of information from the previous novels in the beginning. Now I understand readers who pick up a random book in this series will appreciate the additional information given. I, as an invested reader in this series however, it becomes a bump in an otherwise fast paced story.

With By A Thread I was wondering where Jennifer Estep was going to take Gin Blanco now that the overall story arc got its conclusion. I was taken to Blue Marsh where Gin took a vacation with her family. There, trouble was cooking and Gin got a quick taste of it on her first day. I absolutely revel in the villains Jennifer Estep brings to life. The sadistic nature of the villain made my blood boil and got me that much more invested in the fights against him. The high octane action that ranged from knife, to gun, to hand to hand combat and elemental magic, amps up the chills and thrills I experienced while reading. The suspense also showcased the strong bond Gin, Bria, Owen and Finn share.

I love Gin in how tough she is, how she fights and kills without any scruples. But I love it even more how it is counterbalanced by her inner monologues which show her own insecurities in the emotional department. Her growth in accepting herself and falling in love shows her more vulnerable side and deepens her characterization. Owen is down-to-earth, sexy and so in to Gin you don't doubt his feelings for one second. Owen is hot hero stuff!! There are a few beach scenes that brought a whole new kind of sexy to this series!
Read more ›
Comment Was this review helpful to you? Yes No Sending feedback...
Report abuse
click to open popover