Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

I remember watching this as a child and really enjoying it. I recently bought it because Tony Hancock's in it, but I found it quite dull. I love old films and don't believe anything really good becomes dated, but this film just seems to meander too much with not much happening. I just kept thinking the plot will get going in a minute, something exciting will happen, but it just plodded slowly on to a predictable ending. Even Hancock couldn't save it.
on 11 April 2017
The movie is made approximately 1960, but the time colorite is 1910. Four years later, the world was thrown into "The Great War", or World War I. In retrospect, it is not very difficult to see what we could have made different in order to escape the atrocities of both WWI and WWII. Yes, I did enjoy the movie, and I am utterly pleased to add it to my collection.
It's a hugely enjoyable film, make no mistake. The attention to detail in recreating the look & feel of the early days of flying is superb. The strength of the film is in that, and in the sight gags. The weakness is in the artificial attempt to provide romantic tension between the British & American flyers fighting over Lord Rawnsley's daughter (unconvincingly played by Sarah Miles). It's a very simple story, but a decent film nevertheless, and well worth the sub £4 price (at the time of writing), albeit it's definitely a 4* rather than 5* effort.
on 19 May 2017
A classic light comedy which has stood the test of time.
on 24 June 2017
A very complete excellent copy of this masterful film
on 6 April 2017
one of the funniest film I've ever seen.
on 18 June 2017
Its oldie goldie with lovely planes.
on 21 August 2017
A nice bit of nostalgia.
on 26 April 2017