on 9 December 2017
Yes - this is good - it's one of those again where I'm scratching my head wondering why people don't rate it. Better than the first I would say - slightly less good then the 3rd (unless you're a Warriors Three fan).
Got it for the 3D which is good I have to say - I can watch this film over and over again to be honest.
Do you know Christopher Eccleston? The actor who dropped out of Dr Who after a single series and refused to turn up for the Matt Smith David Tennant episode - the serious act-TOR who doesn't want to be associated with something like Dr Who? You know him? Yeah?
He's a Space Elf in this.
on 8 November 2017
I wasn't keen on the slow pace of the first Thor movie but caught this on TV and decided I'd like it in my collection, particularly seeing the spectacular graphics in 3D. I'm glad I did!

If you have a 3D 4K OLED TV, it's great, because you get flicker-free HD 3D, and this works really, really well. It's great when impressive and involving imagery tells a dynamic and fun story, and this was a very enjoyable watch.

Highly recommended!
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 5 April 2014
A brilliant continuation of the machinations of Asgard and its saviour.

Thor The Dark World does a fantastic job of bringing us up to date with Thor after his valiant efforts to aid the Avengers in saving the people of Midgard.
The banter between Thor and Loki is worth the price of the DVD/Blu Ray alone, but the great story, soundtrack (Thank You Brian Tyler) and snappy pace will keep you coming back for repeat views.

As with any Marvel film make sure you watch the mid and post credits "button" scenes for a little extra from the Studio that rewards its fans for having the patience to take 5 minutes and sit through the credits. I can't understand people who get up and leave the second a film finishes, or even worse start checking their phone and ruining the cinematic experience for everyone else.
Oops rant over.

This is a great film that should be on any self respecting Marvel or Film fan's shelf.
on 26 February 2015
Marvel seem to be introducing to their films and television series one of the more irritating devices common to their comics - the "crossover story". For example, in print, Thor might begin a storyline in his own comic only to have it completed in the next issue of "Avengers". The result is that those not in the know have been known to lose the plot. While story arcs are a legitimate and valuable tool in developing a character and the world in which they live, crossovers are basically a ploy to get readers to sample other characters and comics. I don't blame Marvel for doing this (it makes economic sense) but with the films in particular new audiences could start to feel shortchanged. The Dark World does not suffer from this problem like Captain America: The Winter Soldier, but it is still a story assuming maybe a little too great a knowledge of the Marvel Universe. Looking forward to the next episode, nevertheless.
on 24 May 2014
I loved this movie and I gave it a five-star rating. The dvd is of excellent quality and easy to use. The movie story is very good, the fx are brilliant and the acting is also excellent. I would recommend this movie to anyone who enjoyed Thor or Avengers Assemble as this movie continues the franchise and more sequels are on the way so it would be remiss to avoid this chapter in the series. It's a family film with some good plot twists and a good change from comic books.
on 23 October 2017
I love both the Thor films (and the iron man ones too). They are good escapism, light and entertaining with none of the gore prevalent in today's films. Highly recommended.
on 9 March 2014
In all honesty I wasn't expecting much from this after reading reviews however found myself enjoying this! The only issue I have is that it does nothing to explore the background of the asguardian warriors etc such as sif and the warriors three, it focuses on jane who I find to be rather annoying, Natalie Portman does nothing to make me want to see this character in action! Make sure you watch both scenes within and at the end of the after film titles.
on 23 October 2017
Good fun. Regularly paced action. Loki as great as ever. One star off for sets of hiking poles and some old game consoles managing to save the universe.
on 30 November 2015
The best of the series so far, get the set! Of course, take away the CGI, and there's not a lot left, even with some pretty good acting for what's basically a kid-flick, but who cares! Just sit back and pig out on all the sumptuous virtual sets and props. Stena Ferries don't go to Asgard yet, but we live in hopes.
on 7 May 2016
Boring,slow,appalling acting,even worse script. A mess of a movie! I really liked Thor but this is trash. One big overblown CGI laden movie with laughable pseudo folklore. Worst of the Marvel film yet,I'm sure they'll be more turkeys but this one poultry farm of them!!!