Thomas Becket (Phoenix Giants) Paperback – 12 May 1997
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"A comprehensive biography of Becket that dazzles from its complexity and the dexterous way it weighs and juggles each twelfth-century account over and against the others. . . . A standard for future Becket studies."--W. Trent Foley, "Journal of Religion --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
From the Publisher
The horror of Thomas Archbishop of Canterburys brutal murder by knights of King Henry II transfigured him into one of the most popular saints in Western Christendom. Now we have the best biography we are ever likely to have: I regard it as definitive A.L. Rowse, Sunday Times --This text refers to an alternate Paperback edition.See all Product Description
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > Historical > 501-1000
- Books > Biography > Historical > Britain > Early British to Anglo-Saxon: BCE-1000 AD
- Books > Biography > Historical > Britain > Military
- Books > Biography > Historical > Countries & Regions > Europe
- Books > Biography > Political > Britain
- Books > Biography > Religious
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Anglo-Saxon 500-1000
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Black Death
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Ireland
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Norman and Medieval 1001-1500
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Wars of the Roses
- Books > History > Europe > Vikings, Dark Ages, Medieval Europe 501-1500
- Books > History > Religious History > Christianity
- Books > History > World History > 501-1500
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Christianity > Theology