- Enjoy £1.00 reward to spend on movies or TV on Amazon Video when you purchase a DVD or Blu-ray offered by Amazon.co.uk. A maximum of 1 reward per customer applies. UK customers only. Offer ends at 23:59 GMT on Wednesday, December 20, 2017 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Note: Blu-ray discs are in a high definition format and need to be played on a Blu-ray player.
Other Sellers on Amazon
This Is Spinal Tap - Up To 11 Edition [Blu-ray]
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Includes the following extras:
• Fully re-mastered feature • Audio Commentary by the band • Menu Commentary by the band • This Is Spinal Tap: Up to 11: New exclusive documentary featuring fans of Spinal Tap including Ricky Gervais, Eddie Izzard, Kasabian, Rob Brydon, Martin Freeman, Anvil, Justin Lee Collins, Adam Buxton and more. • "Sprinkle some ****in' fairy dust on it" - interview with Reg Presley from The Troggs. • 2007 Live Earth - short film and performance • The Return of Spinal Tap • Stonehenge Interviews with Nigel • Over 1 hour of Out-takes • Original Theatrical Trailers • Music Videos • Creative Meeting and Bitch School Video • TV Spots • Heavy Metal Memories • Cheese Roll Trailer • Flower People Press Conference • Featurettes
The comedic genius of This Is Spinal Tap is confirmed by the fact that a majority of studio executives were utterly clueless about its brilliance. As a first-time director and cowriter, Rob Reiner must have felt simultaneously frustrated and elated, knowing that the obtuseness of movie executives was a clue to his debut project's potential greatness. Now, of course, the clarity of hindsight and the rarity of superior satire have turned This Is Spinal Tap into one of the funniest documentary spoofs of all time. Reiner and the members of "Tap" (Christopher Guest, Michael McKean, Harry Shearer) couldn't have picked a better target for their satire, because heavy metal music in the early 1980s was already a borderline case of self-parody. From the bizarre, premature deaths of the band's drummers to the backstage squabbles over sexist cover art and meddling groupies, this movie scores about a hundred comedic bull's-eyes for lampooning every possible aspect of rock pomposity in the age of Kiss. It's a virtual bible of rock & roll irreverence, so accurate in its observations that it's become a tour-bus classic for real bands around the world. On the one-to-ten scale of satirical inspiration, This Is Spinal Tap is like the modified amplifiers that Christopher Guest so hilariously demonstrates: this one goes to 11. --Jeff Shannon --This text refers to the DVD edition.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top customer reviews
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
So, as soon as I had some money, I ordered a Blu-ray disc.Read more