- Hardcover: 288 pages
- Publisher: Oxford University Press; 1st Edition edition (23 Oct. 2003)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0198606656
- ISBN-13: 978-0198606659
- Product Dimensions: 23.6 x 2.8 x 16 cm
- Average Customer Review: 3.8 out of 5 stars See all reviews (6 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 1,686,285 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
The Third Man of the Double Helix: The Autobiography of Maurice Wilkins Hardcover – 23 Oct 2003
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Review from previous edition No intelligent person who wishes to know how the universe works should fail to read this book. Not only is it completely understandable to the layman, it is also often very amusing (Arthur C. Clarke, Times Higher Education Supplement) --This text refers to the Paperback edition.
About the Author
Maurice Wilkins is Emeritus Professor at King's College London, and shared the 1962 Nobel Prize for Physiology or Medicine with Crick and Watson for the discovery of the double helical structure of DNA.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
The book is very readable, tracing his whole interesting life and as Arthur C. Clarke said: "No intelligent person . . . . should fail to read this book."
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I bought this title for my wife, who had enjoyed reading the biography of Franklin. I was shocked when she drew to my attention the base lie on page 1, where Wilkins claims that... Read morePublished 14 months ago by J. L. Fox
This is a beautifully written book by Maurice Wilkins. I had read Crick and Watson's version of the DNA story and this is better in my view. Read morePublished on 9 Nov. 2013 by Amazon Customer
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > Science, Mathematics & Technology > Science
- Books > History > Other Historical Subjects > History of Medicine
- Books > History > Other Historical Subjects > History of Science
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Genetics
- Books > Science & Nature > Popular Science > Genetics
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Biology > Genetics