- Paperback: 224 pages
- Publisher: Allworth Press (16 Sept. 2004)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1581153848
- ISBN-13: 978-1581153842
- Product Dimensions: 15.2 x 15.5 x 22.9 cm
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 1,488,941 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Thinking in type Paperback – 16 Sep 2004
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Alex W. White has taught design at the Hartford Art School of the University of Hartford for 15 years. He lives in New York City.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
I would recommend it as a great addition to any design library, and for students as a follow up to a basic book on type.
Contains an excellent combination of history and advice that will make you a better visual communicator. The sheer breadth of content makes it relevant to students and old pros, and White writes in such a way that it's accessible to any reader.
Couldn't put it down when it arrived, and have referred to it several times since. Best book on type out there. Buy it.
From the history of type to page layout, this book is a thorough reference in a little more than 200 pages.
Pictures accommodate every page, yet there is a TON of substance to read if you're interested.
I would recommend this book to anybody interested in graphic design and page layout (this applies to web design as well).
Look for similar items by category