Thinking About Evolution: Historical, Philosophical, and Political Perspectives: 2 Hardcover – 20 Nov 2000
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"[this] volume is a valuable summary of the 'state of art' in the philosophy of evolutionary biology as well as containing a number of valuable articles critical of behavior genetics, sociobiology, and, by implication, parts of evolutionary psychology." Human Nature Review
"This volume can be read by those interested in the broader aspects of science, the relationship between science and history, and science and politics. It provides a framework, by the example of one person's life and work, for how to situate science in society." Book Reviews
"The scope and themes of the essays in this volume are a fitting honor to Richard Lewontin...More than 25 essays address the social science aspects of Lewontin's field(s) of experience" SB&F July/August 2001
Originally published in 2001, this is the second of two volumes in honour of Richard Lewontin. It honours the philosophical, historical and political dimensions of his work. Lewontin is not just a successful practitioner of evolutionary genetics, but a rigorous critic of the practices of genetics and evolutionary biology.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Biological Science
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Evolution
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Genetics
- Books > Science & Nature > Environment & Ecology > Ecology
- Books > Science & Nature > Popular Science > Genetics
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Biology > Genetics