- Paperback: 272 pages
- Publisher: Pushkin Press; First edition (2 Jan. 2014)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1908968184
- ISBN-13: 978-1908968180
- Product Dimensions: 12.2 x 2 x 16.4 cm
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (2 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 878,412 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Things Look Different in the Light & Other Stories (Pushkin Collection) Paperback – 2 Jan 2014
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Life lasts only a few minutes, but Fraile's narrative "nose" will endure for ever. (Andrés Neuman)
About the Author
Medardo Fraile b.1925 grew up in Madrid, and lived through the siege of the city during the Spanish Civil War. He first achieved literary recognition for his work in experimental theatre, becoming part of a group including Alfonso Sastre and Alfonso Paso, and writing the acclaimed play El Hermano. During the Fifties his focus moved to short-story writing, and he left Franco's Spain to eventually settle in Scotland, as a Professor at the University of Strathclyde. His stories won him many prizes, including the Crítica, Sésamo and Estafeta Literaria prizes as well as the Hucha de Oro.
He died in 2013