ThiEYE T5e 4K Action Camera,Processor Ambarella A12S Sony IMX117 Sensor,16MP,2.0" Screen,60 Meter WIFI Waterproof Sports Cameras with 170 Degree Wide Lens
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Ambarella A12S Processor & Sony IMX117 Sensor: ThiEYE T5e action camera optimized the leading technologies to improve the image quality to a higher height of rich 4K, and brings you an excellent 3840x2160 Ultra HD 4K 30fps filming experience, 4X of the 1080P. The 4K enables you to capture every pixel of exquisite and lifelike scene. Just like you are there when you review the pictures and give you the massive visual impact
- Breath-taking Speed up to 240fps: One of the amazing thing is that T5e action cam can record 720P/240fps, 1080P/120fps videos and 16MP photos using a 170°super wide-angle 7G lens, which makes this sport camera the perfect partner to record your adventure of a huge range of landscape. With 2.0" big LCD screen on the back, you can actually see what you are filming and photographing
- Wifi Function & Motion Detection: This camera is WiFi. You can download the free app ("ThiEYE HD") which allows you to take full control of your action camera through the WiFi connection via your phone, ipad, android pad. With the ThiEYE HD App, you can edit the videos and add effects, music and transitions with the App easily, bringing you a new way to create more attractive videos. Then sharing your favorite videos and enjoying the entertainment with your friends
- Waterproof & 360°Rotating Buckle: This camera has waterproof case, water-resistant up to 197FT (60 meters), the new design for the waterproof case is more easy to open and close, it designed to prevent water, dust and sand, so you can take this waterproof camera with you when you diving, skiing or swimming in the pool. Unique designed 360°rotating buckle can not only achieve flexible adjustment of shooting angles but also firmly fix the T5e sports camera even during violent vibration
- Rechargeable Batteries & Storage up to 64G: high capacity 1100mAh lithium-ion battery records up to 70 minutes of 4K/30fps video and 100 minutes of 1080P/60fps video with a single charge. Rechargeable batteries allowing you to film at anytime and anywhere. Meanwhile, T5e action cam supports storage up to 64G high speed class 10 or UHS-1 U3 micro SD cards. Please use the micro SD cards recommended for the best compatibility and the best 4K recording performance
Customers who bought this item also bought
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
ThiEYE T5e is a native 4K and brilliant action camera to do an outstanding job recording quality footage.
Powerful Ambarella A12S Processor and Sony IMX117 Sensor help you to capture gorgeous images even in the most challenging conditions.
High capacity 1100mAh rechargeable battery records up to 70 minutes of 4K/30fps video or 100 minutes of 1080P/60fps video with a single charge.
1 x 4K ThiEYE Action Camera
1 x Waterproof Housing
1 x Skeleton Backdoor
1 x 1100mAh Rechargeable Battery
1 x Flat Adhesive Mount
2 x 3M Adhesive Stickers
1 x 360°Quick Buckle
1 x USB Cable
1 x Clean Cloth
1 x English User Manual
1. Waterproof housing is covered with transparent protective film, which may be found scratches on it, just removed it when you receive it.
2. App version will be updated irregularly, please download latest version of the right app for T5e (ThiEYE app) from Google Play or Apple Store.
3. Any other product problems, please do not hesitate to reach us for support.
True 4K Video Quality
Provides Ture 4K/30fps, 1080p/120fps, 720p/240fps video and 16MP photos. T5e uses a 170° super wide-angle 7G lens which gives a wide view and it does great even in low light with colors and balance.
Loads of Features
It enables full range of settings you can use as single shooting,photo burst, time lapse, self-timer, aqua mode, long exposure, slow motion, motion detection for immersive capture during your favourite activities: surfing, diving, snorkeling, biking, and driving etc
Electronic Image Stabilization
Clear, crisp images and video and also advanced gyro stabilization function (EIS) is impressive to gets rid of the horrible jerky jumping most action cameras have.
60 Meter Waterproof
All attachments are sturdy and the IPX8 waterproof case is made of high-quality plastic which makes its waterproof level up to 197 feet and protects the camera from damage in normal use.
WiFi & APP Control
Wifi connection to your Android or IOS device via Thieye app for free. The app shows live view from the camera smoothly. Editing videos and adding effects, music, and transitions then sharing instantly.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
What's not in the box: Charger, bluetooth remote control, memory cards, 1/4 inch tripod screw mount
First of all, it is necessary to point out that you need specific memory cards for this camera. You must use microSD cards which are rated U3 or V30. Class 10 microSD cards will not work, unless also rated U3 or V30. If you try to use a class 10 card, or a U1 card, then the camera will randomly stop recording with no explanation, and it's easy to think that the camera is faulty. Unfortunately, the camera gives no indication of why the recording stopped, so it's just a matter of guessing as to what could be wrong.
The bright light recording quality is really excellent, and absolutely on par with the vastly more expensive GoPro Hero 5. The 4k resolution has excellent detail, and the bit-rate (60 Mbps, with L5.1 profile) means no significant compression artifacts, even in high-movement scenes. The camera has integrated digital (not optical) image stabilisation at low resolutions (up to 1920x1080 60Hz) which works OK for mild shaking, but not so well for more severe shaking. Higher resolutions do not allow the use of image stabilisation.
The ISO range isn't brilliant for low light work, and the auto-exposure doesn't really cope with evening light and night scenes when filming video - and you tend to just get a very dark or black scene. I would have preferred a slightly brighter image, even if it meant excessive noise.
Sound is pretty good for an internal microphone and certainly better than some of the competitor cameras in this class.
The camera has integrated wifi which can be used together with a smart phone and the thieye app for remote control and immediate viewing of recorded footage. I haven't had much need to use this function, and I've found the app rather glitchy, but I don't know whether this is me or the camera, and I'm not really that bothered.
The camera has a standard 1/4" tripod screw mount, but no mounting hardware to use this is included - so you have to either use the waterproof case to mount the camera, or you need to buy some additional mounting hardware. As the hardware is compatible with GoPro and other action camera hardware, this isn't difficult or expensive.
The camera firmware has a number of useful functions, in addition to the various image settings and other tweaks which are common on similar cameras (and various completely useless filters/effects, etc.)
"quick start" which causes the camera to start recording immediately that it is turned on - less than 5 seconds from pushing power button to recording starting.
"loop record" where the oldest files on the card are deleted to make room for new ones. Unfortunately, this doesn't work reliably, and I've had the camera stop recording a couple of times, and refuse to restart with a "card full" error.
"auto DVR" which allows the camera to work like a car dashcam. If connected to a USB charger, then it will automatically switch on and off with the ignition, and record in loop more.
However, the firmware quality is poor, and really ruins what would otherwise be a near-perfect camera. The firmware that came from the factory was completely useless, because every time you turned the camera off, it lost all the settings and reset back to factory defaults. I bought it in March 2017, and was able to install the March 2017 firmware update. However, this was tricky - the firmware update installation instructions missed out the most difficult bit (the complex process of disabling windows driver signing enforcement and installing the firmware update drivers). However, even the latest firmware doesn't work properly. While the settings stay, every time you charge the battery using the USB cable, the date and time reset back to midnight on 1st Jan 2017. Then there is the loop recording issue described above.
At the same time, some of the useful features found in the predecessor, the i60, have been removed. For example, image rotation is not available on the T5e, so if you mount the camera upside down, then you will have to use video editing software to flip the image. Not a major problem, but annoying if you need it, and something that was obviously thought necessary for Thieye's previous cameras.
In summary, this camera is absolutely brilliant for most purposes - i.e. sports, outdoor filming in daylight, etc. However, if you are planning to use the camera for event recording (bike cam or dash cam), or if you are using it for business work where time/date recording (not necessarily in the picture, just on the file name or file info) matter, then be aware that the firmware still needs some attention.
T5e has a great true 4k image wich i believe was 60mbit/s. Unfortunally you dont get stabilized image at 4k but for this moment there's no actioncam with true 4k I.S. at 1080p this thing has a great quallity and really good image stabilization. It's the same sensor that Sony uses i believe and i can tell as a owner of Sony ActionCams, its the same good I.S. There are lot more features that i can tell, like timelapse, burst mode and lots of creative stuff but it will be such a long review. And lets dont forget the feel in hands, the materials isnt cheap!
The only downsides i've discovered so far:
Because of the built in screen on the back this unit heats after 5-10 min usage. I've encontered this while the unit was out of the case.
When you wanna change your resolution to 1920x1080 100p there's no 4:3 option, there are 2 16:9 options but after you choose you will see that one of them is actually 4:3. On the menu while choosing it says 16:9 but after choosing it it will pop up on top of the screen as 4:3. If you change this setting from the phone app doesnt metter wich you choose it wont go 4:3, you will have the same option twice.
Final though: IM SO HAPPY WITH MY PURCHASE, paid 1/3 of GoPro price and got even something better! Why better? This action cam can be attached without a housing :P GoPros can't
The bonus with this camera is a viewing and menu screen as well as the addition of control and viewing using your smart phone. I won't go into all the details, but the menu is quite intensive with loads of settings. Picture quality can be recorded in true 4K quality unlike some cheaper models which only upgrades them to 4K. To summerise, this camera comes pretty close to the Go Pro's of this world. Even the many Go Pro accessories will fit this camera. If you want stunning 4K video or photo action then this is a camera not to miss. I Highly recommend.
1 No GPS tracking, despite this being an action camera, GPS is non existing in this little thing.
2 Camera sound,(that alert you when is working) is quite poor, you can hardly hear anything when it's inside the case.
3 You can not invert the recording meaning the ability to record with the camera upside down is missing.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews