on 7 July 2011
in a league of its own!
child friendly sport psycology and they won't even notice. There are national heroes from all sides of sport.
This book is real and wonderful for sporting children and parents. As a parent of a child training at a high level and a youth worker i thought that there was a hole in the market then i found this gem. It opens with an explaination of how vital self esteem is for our children to succeed.
every child should read this book, not just sporty kids. it is interactive. it is kid friendly. definately recommend for 10- 19 year olds. Older youth will find it inspiring, entertaining and light reading as they hear the the stories of our top athletes. I dipped straight into Beth Tweddles story and was so inspired.
As the book says in our country we have one coach to do the job of a team in most nations. As parents we need to be proactive at helping our kids to develop emotionaly to deal with sport pressure.

We just need it to be developed into a course that can be delivered to our clubs for coaches, parents and the kids.PLEASE
on 4 February 2011
I had the pleasure of meeting the author through a works convention. His stories were uplifting and motivating which inspired me to buy this book. It does exactly what it said on the cover, sharing many stories of sporting heroes and the secrets of their successes. These secrets, if used, will definitely ensure you are successful with whatever area of your life you are wanting to succeed. Highly recommended!
on 3 December 2007
How refreshing. A book that doesn't blow your mind with long words and scientifc theories.

Full of exciting and interesting people where you can see that their attitude towards their life has made a big difference.

I would recommend this book to everyone.

I already have given a book to a friend that I know will benefit from reading this.
on 27 November 2007
This is an inspiring book which is a compelling, quick and easy read.

The book bridges well the elements of being an entertaining read with some helpful 'pause and reflect' activities to really challenge your thinking on how much you are prepared to practice the suggested techniques for realising whatever goals you want to set.

The testament for me - It took me all of 2 hours to pass on to a good friend with the encouragement to get into the firtst page.

If there's any book that will have you thinking about a change you want to make in your life or a goal that you have always wanted to go fo - I bet this is the one that will have you act on those thoughts.

A great read, but be warned you may just change your behaviour!
on 23 November 2007
This is wonderfully inspirational book for people who want to make it to the top, in business, sport, or any walk of life. It is a no nonsense read, full of practical techniques and tools that can be used to get the best out of yourself or people you work with.

It provides a fascinating insight into the minds and thinking of some of the most well known 'sporting Gods'. What made them successful ? Why did they believe they would win ? What tipped the balance between being good and the best ?

Many of the stories are from teams or people who were written off and how they fought their way back to the very pinnacle of their professions.

Whatever your personal 'Everest', this book will help you climb to the top !
on 22 August 2016
I bought this after browsing reviews and wanting something which would appeal to a sporty teenager who needed to focus on school and cultivate a positive attitude which is a big ask for a teenager 😅 It is in a good format and easily read. I went on a course on positive mental attitude and they were actually using this book, which shows how good is message is. Good analogy with a tree and beliefs being tied and attitude higher up tree. Only down side is that some of the sports personalities in book are not current but still ready to read and a good message - worth being on anyone bookshelf.
on 13 April 2015
I am reading this with my 9 year old son and he seems to be enjoying it.
This is a really good book for introducing children to how powerful self-belief and effort can be in achieving what they desire.
The stories of successful sports personalities achievements through this ethos really hits home.
The book is structured well as it gets the reader to do some practical exercises which re-enforce what has been read.
I would recommend this book.
on 1 December 2007
"I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Its inspirational yet no-nonsense approach will encourage people from any walk of life to make a difference to their lives; to believe in themselves and to strive for, and achieve, their goals.

If there's just one thing you've always wanted to achieve in life - buy this book. It'll get you there!"
on 30 November 2007
A thoroughly inspiring read. Easy to access and very enjoyable. Full of practical ideas - there aren't many books that make you feel that you can do anything. I'd recommend this to anyone. Thanks Michael, I'm inspired and ready for success.
on 21 June 2015
This book is inspirational and easy to read. Well laid out and easy to dip in and out of. My husband is a football coach so is glued to it and i have read it too. My 15 year old and 12 year old frequently look through it