Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop now Shop now Shop now

Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£3.49

on 25 April 2007
About a year ago, I downloaded the single These Streets from the itunes store as it was their single of the week. From the first listen, I fell in love with the song and played it repeatedly until the album came out.

By that time I had also downloaded the single Last Request which is another very strong song so I was highly anticipating the full album which certainly doesn't disappoint.

Whilst These Streets remians by far my favourite song, the album is a whole is excellent from start to finish.
on 11 December 2006
I don't normally write reviews but this is a special occasion because "These Streets" is the best CD I have ever listened to. I listen to a lot of music but this is the first time I can say every single track on this album is a winner - right through from beginning to end and the hidden track - an acoustic version of Last Request is amazing. Paolo Nutini is an extremely talented singer/songwriter for his age. His lyrics are clever and tell interesting stories.

I saw him recently and his voice is even more beautiful live. For me, this has been the best album for 2006. Buy this CD - you will not regret it!
on 26 December 2006
This album is probably my favourite of 2006. It's one I never get tired of listening to and I can quite happily listen to the album straight through, without skipping a track.

The fact that he is only 19 comes as quite a surprise to a lot of people; his voice is mature and amazing. The live version of 'Last Request' at the end is stunning, and I can say that after having seen this kid live three times, he is very special and outstanding live. His songs tell a story of love, losing love, wanting it back, family, leaving home for the first time and also returning. There is something in this album that I believe everyone can relate to. His 'story' is told beautifully.

Buy this album; you won't regret it.
on 27 November 2006
This album is fantastic. Ever track tells a story of a different part of his young life since moving from across the border in Scotland to London to make music. I couldn't wait to hear him live and he did not dissapoint. His current tour is probably sold out, but he has released dates for next year. I'm just gutted that he hasn't included Belfast for next year again. Hopefully he will realise how fantastic the people here are and come back again soon.
on 14 June 2006
`These Streets', the first single by Paolo Nutini (released as `download only' at present) exudes the kind of lyrical introspection characteristic of Jeff Buckley. An impressive feat considering this Scottish singer-songwriter isn't even out of his teens. The song narrates Nutini's experiences living in a bed-sit in London with an air of subtle poignancy that could melt a heart of pure carbon (the element with the highest melting point in the periodic table incidentally). His lyrics are steeped in a charming naivety, almost certainly the result of his tender age, and yet somewhat paradoxically ooze an effortless wisdom much greater than his years. The gentle melodic acoustic riffs combined with the overtly optimistic current running through the song is enough to fill these warm summer nights the way a crimson sunset fills the night sky. There is a raw honesty to Nutini's lyrics that will surely resonate with any listener. Perhaps the most defining characteristic, however, is Nutini's honey sweet voice, his soothing, laid back vocals emanate such soul. Raw talent at its very best!

by Colette Wilson
on 7 August 2006
having recently emigrated to new zealand my sister sent me this album and, being from paisley the song that got me the most was These Streets having lived two streets away from Glenfield Road until I moved - his voice captures you as soon as you hear it, his songs are soulful and for someone so young only goes to show what he can achieve in the future - this album is a must and I have yet to come across one single person who has not been captured by this young guy - keep the good tunes coming Paolo, we cannot wait until the next album - you are a star and another great export that Scotland can bring to the rest of the world
on 28 August 2006
As someone who is considerably older than Paolo Nutini most of today's music (perhaps as it should) passes me by.We oldies (as in the TV series Grumpy Old Men/Women) tend to believe everything was better years ago and that includes the music on offer.Well years ago we believe we had great singer/songwriters who produced 10 track albums with no filler,all tracks were lyrically strong had real "tunes" and great performance and production.

Step forward Paolo Nutini.Here we have a fantastic 10 track (ok there are 2 hidden at the end) CD that fills all the criteria described above.When I first heard this CD I thought wow this sounds like Otis Redding and then Wilson Pickett and even Marvin Gaye.Paolo Nutini has elements of all these soul and R & B legends yet still manages to place his own (considerable) stamp on his album.

The songs on the CD are all co-written by the artist, impeccably performed and contain memorable lyrics and melody.

I really cannot heap enough praise on this magnificent debut.If you haven't bought a CD for a while you will not be disappointed.

Is it just a coincidence that the CD is on the Atlantic record label (home to many of the long gone artists like those mentioned above)?

I eagerly await the follow up, it will be difficult to surpass this one though.
on 23 October 2006
I decided to give this cd a try after reading some previous reviews. They were so right! There is not one song on here that I have to skip by when the cd is on. He has an amazing voice. Wonderful!
on 12 November 2006
Ok i really wanted this album when i first heard last request so i looked on here and saw all the 5 star reviews. I was encouraged bu they seemed to all be by people who were older than me and i wondered if it was really for my age group. But i went with the reviews and bought it like they said and i was not by any means disppointed. Every track on the album is flawless. His voice has a sound and a soft edgy sound to it that can be listened to at any time. At the moment my favourites are new shoes and these streets but i also absolutely love the rest of them! So basically what i am trying to say is this is a CD for all age groups (im in my late teens by the way) so GO OUT AND BUY IT!
on 21 March 2007
that says it all really. this album was so much better than i expected. i thought i'd give it a go after hearing a couple of his songs on the radio, but for some reason i expected this debut album to be slightly more average, so i was surprised by the brilliance of nutini's songwriting. his voice has a lovely, gravelly sexiness to it and you can really hear his scottish accent, which i thought i might find annoying but i actually rather like it. some of the songs, rewind and these streets in particular, are so full of emotion and pain that they actually made me feel a bit teary. i think that the album seems to trail off a bit towards the end, but still well worth it.