Thermal Physics of the Atmosphere (Advancing Weather and Climate Science) Hardcover – 16 Apr 2010
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
Thermal Physics of the Atmosphere offers a concise and thorough introduction on how basic thermodynamics naturally leads on to advanced topics in atmospheric physics.
The book starts by covering the basics of thermodynamics and its applications in atmospheric science. Later chapters describe major applications, specific to more specialized areas of atmospheric physics, including vertical structure and stability, cloud formation, and radiative processes. The book concludes with a discussion of non–equilibrium thermodynamics as applied to the atmosphere.
This book provides a thorough introduction and invaluable grounding for specialized literature on the subject.
- Introduces a wide range of areas associated with atmospheric physics
- Starts from basic level thermal physics
- Ideally suited for readers with a general physics background
- Self–assessment questions included for each chapter
- Supplementary website to accompany the book: www.wiley.com/go/ambaum
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Meteorology
- Books > Science & Nature > Physics > Applied Physics
- Books > Science & Nature > Popular Science > Physics
- Books > Science & Nature > Popular Science > Weather
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Earth Sciences
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Physics > Applied Physics