- Actors: Ben Stiller, Cameron Diaz, Matt Dillon, Lee Evans, Chris Elliott
- Directors: Bobby Farrelly, Peter Farrelly
- Writers: Bobby Farrelly, Peter Farrelly, Ed Decter, John J. Strauss
- Producers: Bobby Farrelly, Bradley Thomas
- Format: PAL
- Language: English
- Subtitles: English, Portuguese, Swedish, Danish, Hungarian, Polish, Icelandic, Finnish, Czech
- Subtitles For The Hearing Impaired: English
- Region: Region 2 (This DVD may not be viewable outside Europe. Read more about DVD formats.)
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9 - 1.85:1
- Number of discs: 1
- Classification: 15
- Studio: Twentieth Century Fox
- DVD Release Date: 4 Oct. 1999
- Run Time: 114 minutes
- Average Customer Review: 4.3 out of 5 stars See all reviews (148 customer reviews)
- ASIN: B00004CZNZ
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 2,111 in DVD & Blu-ray (See Top 100 in DVD & Blu-ray)
There's Something About Mary  [DVD]
|Additional DVD options||
|New from||Used from|
|Watch Instantly with||Rent||Buy|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Farrelly brothers comedy featuring romantic obsession and unusual hair styling products! In 1985, high school senior Ted Stroehmann (Ben Stiller) gets a date with gorgeous classmate Mary Jenson (Cameron Diaz) after rescuing her mentally handicapped brother, Warren, from a bully. The date is ruined when Ted catches his penis in his fly zip and has to be rushed to hospital. Thirteen years on, Ted is still obsessed with Mary, and hires private detective Pat Healy (Matt Dillon) to find her. Healy tracks Mary and Warren to Miami, but falls in love with her himself and tells Ted that she is now an overweight mother of four. Undeterred, Ted makes his own way to Miami, but soon finds that he has plenty of competition for Mary's attentions.
There's Something About Mary recalls the days of the Zucker-Abraham-Zucker movies, in which (often tasteless) gags were piled on at a fierce rate. The difference is that cowriters and codirectors Bobby and Peter Farrelly have also crafted a credible story line and even tossed in some genuine emotional content. The Farrelly brothers' first two pictures, Dumb and Dumber and Kingpin, had some moments of uproarious laughter, but were uneven. With Mary, they've created a consistently hilarious romantic comedy, made all the funnier by the fact that you know that they know that some of their gags go way over the line.
Cameron Diaz stars as Mary, every guy's ideal woman. Ben Stiller plays a high-school suitor still hung up on her years later; the obstacles standing between him and her include a number of psychotic suitors, a miserable little pooch and, oh yeah, a murder charge. The Farrellys' admittedly simplistic camera work, which adapts easily to a TV screen, and the fact that you're likely to laugh yourself so silly over certain scenes you'll want to replay them to see what you were missing while you were busy convulsing, make this a perfect film for home-viewing. --David Kronke --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top Customer Reviews
If you are bored of action and violence and super powers this is for you it just funny atfer the first few moments.
Every kicks off a number of years after a disaterous first date. There are many funny moments which will keep you watching to see how there will top that last.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Oh dear. Why do I always have to disagree with almost every other person on here? Yes, some of the movie was funny and Cameron Diaz is very pretty and she always brightens my day. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Amazon Customer
I have always loved this film,delivery was fast and a brilliant price.Published 6 months ago by Laura1981