The Therapeutic Relationship Paperback – 21 Oct 2003
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"This book deals with the uses and abuses of the therapeutic relationship in psychoanalysis, counselling, psychology, psychotherapy and related fields. It provides a framework for integration, pluralism or deepening singularity using a framework of five facets of therapeutic relationship potentially available in every kind of counselling or psychodynamic work. And in all other professions. And in all of life." From the preface to the second edition. ".....my view of Petruska Clarkson's writing style is that it is a mixture of academic, poet, artist and expert - extraordinary and sometimes even infuriating - but I feel the reader would benefit from exploring more of her work and re-reading her books to appreciate and get to know her style. Excitement, challenges, imagery, mind stretching intricacies and thought provoking passions, are just some of the hidden jewels that are there in her book waiting to be discovered!!" From the introduction to the second edition by Stephanie Wilson.
From the Back Cover
This text provides coverage of the uses and abuses of the therapeutic relationship in counselling, psychology, psychotherapy and related fields. It provides a framework for integration, pluralism or deepening singularity with reference to five kinds of therapeutic relationship potentially available in every kind of counselling or psychodynamic work.
The work incoporates training and supervision perspectives and examples of course design, uses in assessment and applications to group and couples as well as to organizations.
Dealing with an issue of increasing complexity, the book should be of value and significance to psychotherapists, psychoanalysts, clinical and counselling psychologists and other professionals working in the field of helping human relationships such as doctors, social workers, teachers and counsellors.See all Product Description
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Arrived on time and in good condition.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Very useful if you are wanting to learn about Petruska Clarkson's theory!Published 6 months ago by Amazon Customer
It is a shame that for one who contributed so much to our knowledge and understanding should take her own life.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Other Branches of Medicine > Psychiatry
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Applied Psychology > Counselling
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Applied Psychology > Psychotherapy
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Schools of Thought > Psychoanalysis > Theory
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Clinical Psychology & Psychotherapy
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Psychotherapy & Clinical Psychology
- Books > Science & Nature > Reference > Psychology & Psychiatry
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Sciences A-Z