- Buy this product and stream 90 days of Amazon Music Unlimited for free. E-mail after purchase. Conditions apply. Learn more
And Then the Vulture Eats You: True Tales about Ultramarathons and Those Who Run Them Paperback – 6 Sep 2011
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers also shopped for
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
John L. Parker is the author of the NY Times bestseller "Once a Runner" and its sequel "Again to Carthage" (Breakaway Books 2008).
No customer reviews
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|
Review this product
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Highly recommend it. These are no B.S. accounts of endurance running with just the facts. And even though I have never run further than a marathon, I can still relate to the emotions, soreness, mental challenges etc that these runners describe.
And so I, taking the long view and realizing that my 50th birthday is a small handful of years away, have resolved to commemorate the occasion with a long run. That's why a book like this is important, and why this book is important. We need to be reminded of excellence. We need to be encouraged to strive. Dreams matter.