Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.73

on 25 July 2014
What can I say this author keeps delivering the goods. Earth has been invaded and conquered. But this is not the end humans being humans fight back. This is not the normal type of earth resistance book where the good guys battle overwhelming odds and always win. This is much more realistic with people having to choose between collaboration or resistance and it is not always a straightforward choice. The book is set in occupied Britain and without spoiling the story it describes how such an invasion might work and how people react in different ways. Suffice to say the book ends on a hopeful note but there is going to be a lot of death and destruction to come before hopefully we are free. Highly recommended. If you have not read any of this authors works before please go and read them IMHO he is a highly talented and prolific author who seems to be able to turn out books at an incredible rate.
on 16 August 2014
I really quite enjoyed this book, it was a thumb-flicker (as in Kindle) and I got through it in a few nights. The story is gripping and the characters are a bit more than simply one-dimensional, although there are quite a few so it's difficult to keep track of everyone. I did like the fact that some distasteful actions - torture, killings - were not shied away from. I am eagerly awaiting the next instalment of the series and I will purchase it straight away if it is less than £3.

The negative aspect to this review is all the word mistakes... they're not spelling mistakes, or grammar, but lots of missing words and incorrect words. I sent an email to the author, I'm hoping it's a simple job to correct all these on a digital version of a book, it really did detract from the story as once you spot one, you're focusing on that. This book was littered with mistakes and a competent editor / proof reader should get hold of these before they are released.
VINE VOICEon 28 August 2014
A good "invasion of earth" mil-sci book from a modern British perspective. Nice pace, good treatment of an asymmetric war where the aliens are far ahead of us in some areas. Some hints of Niven & Pournell's "Footfall" which is no bad thing. Some gratuitous torture scenes of female characters by collaborators left a bad taste in the mouth though, it was unnecessary and badly handled but on the whole a promising start to a trilogy I hope.
on 23 August 2014
This is my first time of reading anything by this author, and I'm really enjoying his book, I will certainly be looking out for any others he's written, very good story line, the characters stand out as if it was a real event,
on 16 September 2014
What can I say, I reached the end and now can't wait for the next installment. Do I see another trilogy in the making. I can only agree with all the other people who gave 5stars his work only gets better. As for the guy who gave 2 stars go get a life
on 22 February 2015
This doesn't have the gungho of the usual 'American' style of alien invasion story (The author is British). Instead this is a surprisingly thoughtful take on could happen after an invasion.
Very few characters in this novel are bad or evil. They do what they think is best for themselves and their families. Some fight, others collaborate.
Even the aliens are not invading Earth as part of some moustache twirling evil plot. They are doing it for what, from their viewpoint, are reasonable reasons.
It's well written and the pacing is good.
It does end on a slightly more hopeful note and I am happily anticipating the next one in the series
on 22 September 2014
I have read several of this author s books and I have enjoyed them all. However, finding only episode 1 has been written was a disappointment hence the rating. Otherwise another enjoyable read set in the UK (3 cheers) and daft alien names - really using the Stig isn't original but made me smile. Nuttall isn't the only author suffering glorious typos. Looking forward to episode 2.
on 16 May 2015
Mr Nuttall is at his strongest when he writes about what he knows. His characterisations are mostly pretty good but his true strength is the old school style story lines. No-nonsense action and the occasional surprise coupled with short chapters make this an easy pick-up put-down book.
on 31 October 2014
I enjoyed the book but while I guess the author is a fan of thatcher , so it is rather funny that chap set up to be Britains quisling Alan Beresford is your arch typical child of Thatcher.

But good book, I always enjoy these outside context books, where we are the insurgents fighting a greater power. Most of my military career was fighting insurgents, but always wonderd how i would be a insurgent.
on 3 September 2014
This whole story has been ruined by the authors own political agenda. I thought it was written by a member of the Teaparty or UKIP. Anything to do with the NHS, BBC or any other governmental organization is denigrated from the outset as being Hysterical, Shoddy or Third rate. Civil Servants are vilified as collaborators with no explanation as to why. Even the invading Aliens are overseen by The State.

The author has potential to create settings that are not in the U.S.A. which to me is refreshing, so I hope he tightens up his writings and the publishers point out that the author is writing SciFi and not a Political Manifesto. The author should go on to be a popular writer. I will finish the story but I am now on the look out with each turn of the page for some additional attack on U.K. institutions which detracts from what could have been a reasonable story.