- Subject: Plate: 'View on the Loire near Rouen.'
- Size in cm: The overall size is ca. 48 x 28.5 cm. The image size is ca. 39 x 21 cm.
- Size in inch: The overall size is ca. 18.9 x 11.2 inch. The image size is ca. 15.4 x 8.3 inch.
- Medium: Aquatint engraving on a vellin type hand laid paper, with watermark.
- Condition: Very good considering it's age. Folds, as issued. Occasional small tears in the margins, and light marks and/or stains from handling. Please study scan carefully.
Description: This scarse plate originates from: A Sporting Tour Through Various Parts of France in the Year 1802, by Colonel Thornton, of Thornville-Royal, Yorkshire. Illustrated with upwards of Eighty correct and picturesque delineations from orginal drawings from nature, by Mr.Bryant, and other eminent artist. (London: Longman, Hurst, Rees and Orme. 1806)
Artists and Engravers: Joshua Bryant (act. 1798-1823) was a British painter. He spend a portion of his life in Demerara (British Guiana), where he made a number of paintings commenting on plantation life. James Merigot (act. 1772-1816) was a French landscape artist and master drawing teacher in Paris. He settled in London around 1791 and established himself as a master drawing teacher and publisher of aquatints.